Dole Food

www.dole.com
  www.dole.com
There are newer employer reviews for Dole Food

Must be willing to drink the Kool Aid

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Monterey, CA (US)
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Monterey, CA (US)

I have been working at Dole Food

Pros

Corporate culture of honesty and even handedness that I support. Healthy products I can believe in. Senior management at DFV has made good on its promises and has a clear direction. The employees are dedicated and contientious.

Cons

Recent culture of overworking many employees to bring down costs. Long term burnout and poor decision making are starting to show. Middle managment in my dept. seems unfocused and incapable of making and sticking to a decision.

Start to consider the long term effects the current cost cutting has on employee ability to make good decisions and on burnout. Focus on training and retaining employees and bringing up their skills rather than outsourcing or 'hiring' competence.

24 Other Employee Reviews for Dole Food (View Most Recent)

I worked in IT, and was given plenty of opportunities and independence to learn and grow.

I worked at Dole Food

Pros

The people are very professional, motivated, and well managed. It seemed that the executive and management team had the experience and charisma to properly lead by example.

Cons

The department I worked in was very lean and short staffed, so I was not allowed to take any time off the first year. That fact, along with the long hours and periodic micro management, did not instill confidence that my superiors would reward my hard work.

Having a better work life balance will increase employees' work productivity, and their retention rate. Overall, giving a little more freedom will empower people to work more efficiently.

Overworked-underpaid

Current Employee - Research Coordinator in Davao (Philippines)
    Current Employee - Research Coordinator in Davao (Philippines)

I have been working at Dole Food

Pros

Good Training, with a lot of exposure to all aspects of operations, international experience, good benefits package

Cons

low pay, overworked, no clear career plan, no succession planning

rethink employee compensation package, a lot of brain-drain is already happening

There are newer employer reviews for Dole Food