Dole Food
www.dole.com Westlake Village, CA 5000+ Employees

Must be willing to drink the Kool Aid

Monterey, CA (US)

I have been working at Dole Food

ProsCorporate culture of honesty and even handedness that I support. Healthy products I can believe in. Senior management at DFV has made good on its promises and has a clear direction. The employees are dedicated and contientious.

ConsRecent culture of overworking many employees to bring down costs. Long term burnout and poor decision making are starting to show. Middle managment in my dept. seems unfocused and incapable of making and sticking to a decision.

Advice to Senior ManagementStart to consider the long term effects the current cost cutting has on employee ability to make good decisions and on burnout. Focus on training and retaining employees and bringing up their skills rather than outsourcing or 'hiring' competence.

It is a great place to gain experience.

I have been working at Dole Food

Pros: Work life balance. Great co-wokers. Team work mentality. Cons: Low paying jobs. Limited opportunity to move up. No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

I worked in IT, and was given plenty of opportunities and independence to learn and grow.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at Dole Food

Pros: The people are very professional, motivated, and well managed. It seemed that the… Cons: The department I worked in was very lean and short staffed, so I was not allowed to take any time off the first year.… Advice to Senior Management: Having a better work life balance will increase employees' work productivity, and their retention… More

There are newer reviews on Dole Food.

Worked for Dole Food? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Dole Food reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Dole Food CEO David A. DeLorenzo. All reviews posted anonymously by Dole Food employees.