Dole Food
www.dole.com Westlake Village, CA 5000+ Employees

Good place to start

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)
Enterprise, AL (US)

I worked at Dole Food

ProsA very solid place to work with great co workers and opportunities. I did like the Career Opportunities. But the communication between compensation workers and Senior leadership was second to none.

ConsLong hours and physical labor were just a few cons. The work life balance was pretty good but It could have been better. The pay was low for the amount of work that was expected of you on a day to day basis. With an education this job may have been better for me but i was treated with fairness and respect. The senior leadership could have been stronger.

Advice to Senior ManagementListen to your workers

Base wage, hard work

Summer Support (Former Employee)
Wahiawä, HI (US)

I worked at Dole Food full-time for less than a year

Pros: Gain experience in food service and retail at the same time, a lot of exposure in the tourism industry.… Cons: Work is very physical. A lot of restocking and dishwashing. Constantly moving and standing, which can be difficult… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

Great way to boost your marketability in the work force

Supervisor (Former Employee)
Polomolok (Philippines)

I worked at Dole Food full-time for more than 3 years

Pros: Easy jobs, CSR programs and employees' benefits... There were lots of programs for the employees to enjoy like family day and foundation day. … Cons: Most managers (technical ones) in this company are not qualified for a position. They get hired because the HR division has poor recruitment skills.… Advice to Senior Management: Replace the old employees (particularly the managers) with fresh and… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

There are newer reviews on Dole Food.

Worked for Dole Food? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Dole Food reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Dole Food CEO David A. DeLorenzo. All reviews posted anonymously by Dole Food employees.