There are newer employer reviews for Dow AgroSciences

Been around. Focused, open, top people

Current Employee - Scientist in Indianapolis, IN (US)
Current Employee - Scientist in Indianapolis, IN (US)

I have been working at Dow AgroSciences full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Always focused on what they do best - not easily distracted. Broad recognition for work products. Great people everywhere. Freedom to lead or follow.

Cons

Not much., I'm lucky I guess. Commercial leaders can be too focused on their next step in management.

Advice to Management

Improve IP portfolio.

reviews filtered by

Dow AgroSciences is big and conservative

Current Employee - Lead Analyst
    Current Employee - Lead Analyst

I have been working at Dow AgroSciences full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Good environment. Care about employee. many different career paths. It has a very good balance of work/life. It is a good company for scientist position.

It is the best to start with scientist position with them. Almost every senior management comes from the scientist position. if you are good, you develop yourself into many different areas, such as regulatory, IP management, commercial development.

It likes Six sigma background for any management role. But not MBA.

Cons

Conservative, slow and many many meetings. Everything has a process.

Dow AgroSciences uses self-evaluation toward improvement of its business policies, market value and employee development

Current Employee - Business Analyst in Indianapolis, IN (US)
    Current Employee - Business Analyst in Indianapolis, IN (US)

I have been working at Dow AgroSciences full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Dow AgroSciences demonstrates a continual focus on company improvement with employee involvement and input. Also, the company not only stresses safety in the workplace, but repeatedly and consistently demonstrates its commitment to employee safety in its policies, training, and management attitudes.

Cons

Depending on the department, hours can be very long during particular seasons or business cycles and work/life balance can be difficult to maintain. Also, the compensation and promotion structure rewards longevity with the company over ability which can be frustrating to employees who are driven and capable.

Advice to Management

The current hiring structure which allows an internal employee to be hired into a position that has been pointed high, but includes the employee's previous position's salary in the new position's payment calculation punishes capable employees who are repeatedly hired into positions significantly higher than their previous position. You will likely lose such employees after only a couple of job movements in which the salary becomes more and more out of proportion with the work they are asked to perform.