DuPont

www.dupont.com
Employer Engaged
There are newer employer reviews for DuPont

Good work life balance environment, but not best forfast individual career breakthrough

Current Employee - Salesand Marketing Account Manager
Current Employee - Salesand Marketing Account Manager

I have been working at DuPont full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

family oriented, respect for people

Cons

heavy administration, long time decision process, not open to individal initiative that think out of the box

Take into consideration young and dynamic potentials and take measures to retain them otherwise you will keep only the non innovative ones

438 Other Employee Reviews for DuPont (View Most Recent)

Fomerly Genencor.

Current Employee - Scientist in Palo Alto, CA (US)
    Current Employee - Scientist in Palo Alto, CA (US)

I have been working at DuPont full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Having the backing of DuPont increases the potential for success on large and capital intensive projects.

Cons

The DuPont culture is less open and vibrant than what we are used to from Genencor, and could lead to lower levels of motivation.

Don't change our culture - too much.

Upper Management with alterior motives

Current Employee - Engineer in Valdosta, GA (US)
    Current Employee - Engineer in Valdosta, GA (US)

I have been working at DuPont full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Corporate interview/offer allowed me to get a very good salary.

Cons

The company, as a whole stresses, "core values" such as respect for people and safety/health, however, at the Valdosta site, upper management will use these values against you if they have a personal problem with you. I was harassed for months by another employee and when I finally spoke out, I was retaliated against and put on probation. If you are disliked by a select group of management, they will try to get you on a safety or respect violation in order to get you out the door, or at least dock your pay. They don't respect individual thinkers. Hard work isn't valued. Management gossips about people as bad as those working on the floor. I am so very dissapointed by this experience. I hope that corporate is ignorant to what is going on there, otherwise this established company is quickly going down-hill.

Be honest, be fair, stay out of people's personal lives, and don't play fast and loose with their lively-hoods.

There are newer employer reviews for DuPont