Duke University
www.duke.edu Durham, NC 5000+ Employees

fantastic opportunities

Teaching Assistant (Current Employee)
Durham, NC (US)

I have been working at Duke University part-time for less than a year

ProsDuke is a fun campus with tons of jobs available for undergraduate students. You will have a lot of competition for jobs, but if you search, there will be no issue.

ConsThe competition for jobs is the toughest part. When there are fantastic opportunities available, students across campus jump at their chance and are tough to beat out.

Duke Needs an Overhaul

Senior IT Analyst (Former Employee)

I worked at Duke University full-time for more than 5 years

Pros: Work-life balance and benefits are very good Cons: Terrible management, inefficient, unproductive; Duke doesn't pay for you to take courses there as you would expect as a staff member; Linda.com is not adequate… Advice to Senior Management: Duke University continues to thrive because of its research, great faculty, its reputation, a great basketball coach/program, and the elitist parents that pay full-price for… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

Duke was a great place to work for entry-level positions in science.

Research Assistant (Former Employee)
Durham, NC (US)

I worked at Duke University full-time for more than a year

Pros: Salaries were competitive; benefits were great; atmosphere was top-notch, intellectually and socially. The people I worked with at Duke were friendly, intelligent, and team-oriented. Buildings/workspaces… Cons: Parking was a pain, and the labs were small in some cases: very few people in each lab, working under each P.I. P.I.s had some… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

There are newer reviews on Duke University.

Worked for Duke University? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Duke University reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Duke University CEO Dick Brodhead. All reviews posted anonymously by Duke University employees.