DynCorp International

www.dyn-intl.com
There are newer employer reviews for DynCorp International

Opportunities to steer my own learning and discovery

Current Employee - IT Manager in Fort Worth, TX (US)
Current Employee - IT Manager in Fort Worth, TX (US)

I have been working at DynCorp International full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

The Information Technology department is constantly working toward a standards-based ITIL compliant process structure, which means that IT personnel are able to better control the pace of problem response, and prioritzie work more effectively. Additionally, I have never been anywhere where I was able to steer my own development quite as much as I've been able to do at DI.

Cons

The Alliance location isn't particularly well managed from a work-space considerations standpoint. Over-crowding, too little parking, and ever-decreasing cubicle spaces are a chronic problem with this company.

Fix the crowding problems. Make Change Management in IT a little more user-friendly. Don't require documentation that isn't necessary, or doesn't make sense to the Change process. Improve documentiaton overall, especially in the CI aspect of the CMDB.

405 Other Employee Reviews for DynCorp International (View Most Recent)

It has been quite a ride, a worldwide ride.

Current Employee - Electrical Foreman in Kandahar (Afghanistan)
    Current Employee - Electrical Foreman in Kandahar (Afghanistan)

I have been working at DynCorp International full-time (more than a year)

Pros

you get to see the world , the pay is reasonable and they pretty much let you do your job un-molested, advancement is available, and they are an open minded group of people.

Cons

the cons are that you are away from your family, there is not enough vacation time and the living accomodations can be very austere at times

accountability is a must logitics are key we need to run a tighter ship.

So far so good.

Current Employee - Project Manager
    Current Employee - Project Manager

I have been working at DynCorp International as a contractor (more than a year)

Pros

One reason is that I like working with the USA military,and since they have the lions share with the US military,compared to other companies then its better to pick them.

Cons

The only big problem is that their big boss which is the Military might be leaving Afganistan by 2014,so most people may loose their contracts.
    -they need to creat recreation facilities for us like a modern gym.pool table and other sporting facilities.

-something should be done with regards to promotions and upgrading to higher offices,some of the staff here are over qualified and speak english quiet well,but sme how they are intthe wrong departments,and changing jobs is not easy in within inhouse,even when the qualifications are right.

There are newer employer reviews for DynCorp International