average

Current Employee - Laundry Attendant  in  Kabul (Afghanistan)
Current Employee - Laundry Attendant in Kabul (Afghanistan)

I have been working at DynCorp International as a contractor for more than a year

Pros

am satisfied i have a job at the moment

Cons

poor planning and logistical problems like traveling

reduce bureaucracy in the organisation

Other Reviews for DynCorp International

Very bureaucratic and political, but with wide ranging opportunities on many projects

Current Employee - Aviation Operations  in  Kandahar (Afghanistan)
    Current Employee - Aviation Operations in Kandahar (Afghanistan)

I have been working at DynCorp International full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

The company is very diverse when it comes to different projects and contracts, they have projects all over the globe. While I'm not particularly enamored with the project that I work on as a whole (LOGCAP), I love my shop. My leadership works very hard to insulate us from all of the shenanigans. And regardless of what you read elsewhere, the only pay problem that I had was when the program was first getting started in 2009. They are big enough to be stable financially which is more than I can say for a lot of other companies on Defense contracts.

Cons

I really don't like how bureaucratic the company can be; most everything is twice as complicated as it should be. Promotions & hiring is heavily influenced by who you know rather than ability or experience. What that equates to is that many managers are very defensive and innovation or anything out of the ordinary tends to be viewed as threatening and is treated accordingly. There are lots of awesome leaders here, but unfortunately there are also quite a few who aren't.

Too many employees are only here for a paycheck and don't care about the success and future of the company. This probably has something to do with every policy announcement that is released threatening disciplinary action "up to and including termination".

I would encourage management to work harder at cultivating a sense of belonging among employees and softening the "management tone".

And I do like the employee recognition programs that we have. It means a lot to guys, especially a lot of our foreign nationals, to be singled out and praised for the outstanding work that they do.

So far so good.

Current Employee - Project Manager
    Current Employee - Project Manager

Pros

One reason is that I like working with the USA military,and since they have the lions share with the US military,compared to other companies then its better to pick them.

Cons

The only big problem is that their big boss which is the Military might be leaving Afganistan by 2014,so most people may loose their contracts.
    -they need to creat recreation facilities for us like a modern gym.pool table and other sporting facilities.

-something should be done with regards to promotions and upgrading to higher offices,some of the staff here are over qualified and speak english quiet well,but sme how they are intthe wrong departments,and changing jobs is not easy in within inhouse,even when the qualifications are right.

There are newer employer reviews for DynCorp International.

Worked for DynCorp International? Contribute to the Community!