Great place to work.

Current Employee - Director in Falls Church, VA (US)
Current Employee - Director in Falls Church, VA (US)

I have been working at DynCorp International full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The CEO was the first person I met on my first day--he presented at orientation for a couple of hours. The office was closing early due to dangerous weather and, yet, there he was. I was immediately impressed by Steve Gaffney and the company and every day I work here, I firmly believe this company lives its values. The people in the office are friendly. The online employee tools (training, policies & procedures, time tracking, expense reports, HR, etc.) are excellent. The newsletters are informative. I work with very smart people, the work is engaging, and I feel like management really cares about me. My management team (not just my immediate manager, but all the way up) meets with me to discuss my level of job satisfaction. I don't feel like a number here--I feel like a human being. The corporate growth strategy appears to be well aligned with the needs of the market and the work reflects a genuine interest and commitment to being successful.

Cons

It's just a shame more companies don't operate this way. I don't have anything negative to say about DI.

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work!

reviews filtered by

DynCorp Human Resources

Former Contractor - Human Resources Coordinator in Falls Church, VA (US)
    Former Contractor - Human Resources Coordinator in Falls Church, VA (US)

I worked at DynCorp International as a contractor (Less than a year)

Pros

DynCorp employees proactive, smart people who are a pleasure to work with in its office environment. The managers have a large network of resources and are constantly training to improve their job skills.

Cons

Travel is a must. Most jobs require light to heavy travel including overseas where many of their contracts are.

2. Company Does Not Value Talented Professionals/Subject Matter Experts

Current Employee - Senior Advisor in Kabul (Afghanistan)
    Current Employee - Senior Advisor in Kabul (Afghanistan)

I have been working at DynCorp International full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The cadre of professionals, who serve as mentors and professional advisors here in Kabul, is extraordinary. Deployment Center in Fort Worth was well organized and well run.

Cons

The list of cons is overwhelming, at least here in Kabul. The management epitomizes arrogance and has no idea of the talent and contributions being made by his advisors--let alone their names. Living conditions are terrible here in Kabul. Although we are used to living in austere conditions, we rate more than 45 square feet per person, and we don't appreciate living in slums with unvetted TCNs; these concerns have been brought to management's attention with no action. The team leaders are afraid to raise concerns for fear of reprisals and termination--DON'T BLOW THE WHISTLE HERE. The professionals and subject matter experts are loyal to the mission first and never to DynCorp and the mythical five (5) points of its star. Many of the professional workforce (retired O-6 and E-9) won't put DynCorp on their resumes. The operations/business management (who live on the overhead of the professionals) are inept, unconcerned, and surly. I was personally left stranded at Kabul airport for three hours, my Interpreter lost a day's worth of pay, and one of the business office personnel was told not to input an Interpreter's pay because it was five (5) minutes late and off the clock. (This particular interpreter was working in Southern Afghanistan and there were network connectivity issues....he only gets paid once per month). Attrition is running approximately 30%...a completely tragic and avoidable situation.

Advice to Management

Live up to the DynCorp star. Stop underbidding projects and pay your talent more. Learn your employees' names and don't force your valuable people to live in inhumane conditions with unvetted TCNs.