E*TRADE Financial

www.etrade.com

Overall pretty good

Financial Consultant (Current Employee) Sandy, UT (US)

ProsGood Managers
Good work/life balance
Good base salary and earnings potential
Relaxed work environment

ConsOperational side is still a work in progress, not on the same page with sales. Can be more difficult for customers to open and transfer accounts, compared to larger firms.
Commission plan changes often, consultants now get charged back for giving customers promotions, if customer moves from stock to cash, and you will get charged back if clients moves money out, causing wild swings in bonus.
I feel like this job has more Pros than Cons compared with other jobs I've had.

Advice to Senior ManagementOverall I’ve been happy with management, they give you space and offer help when needed. It would be nice if we could get more help with service issues and just focus more of our time on sales.

Great learning experience tech and finance combined

Manager (Former Employee) Menlo Park, CA (US)

I worked at E*TRADE Financial full-time for more than 10 years

Pros: Technologically advanced and opportunity to learn Cons: Lack of leadership and talent retention No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Awesome atmosphere, highly intelligent co-workers, and competitive pay

Financial Services Representative (Current Employee) Makati City (Philippines)

I have been working at E*TRADE Financial full-time for more than 5 years

Pros: o Great people to work with, great atmosphere, and very subtle politics among management people (one that is not obvious and… Cons: o Holidays are US-based; work still ongoing on Philippine holidays (but I guess that's a Pro for the double pay!). o Management doesn't seem to want… Advice to Senior Management: You guys might want to improve on your agent retention. E*TRADE is not just a "stepping stone" company. You might want to have agents work… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More
There are newer reviews on E*TRADE Financial.

Worked for E*TRADE Financial? Contribute to the Community!