There are newer employer reviews for EY

The work isnt so great, but the people who work with you can be pleasant

Current Employee - Staff in Los Angeles, CA (US)
Current Employee - Staff in Los Angeles, CA (US)

I have been working at EY full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Some of the people you work with can become good friends outside of the office. There is always some work available (albeit it can sometimes be absolutely dull and extremely monotonous).

Cons

The work-life balance is definitely lacking considering how many hours you work. It's sad when you divide how much you get paid by how many hours you work. Sometimes there's unnecessary pressure to stay longer than needed. There's great pressure on ridiculous utilization goals, to the point where it becomes stressful (and this can obviously lead to lower productivity). Despite this utilization goal, interesting work is still outsourced to work centers in India. I understand this increases firm profits but (I believe) it doesn't trickle down to our paychecks..

Staff and employees in the lower echelons should be given more enriching work - this will definitely help the firm in the long run.

4720 Other Employee Reviews for EY (View Most Recent)

So so

Current Employee - Manager in New York, NY (US)
    Current Employee - Manager in New York, NY (US)

I have been working at EY full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

1. Some people are extremely smart and talented 2. Great network with clients 3. Big brand name 4. If you want to advance your career in accounting, this is the place to be.

Cons

1. Too structured and hierarchical 2. Low compensation 3. Long hours 4. Too much big office politics

Great Place to Work

I have been working at EY

Pros

Salary, Industry Exposure, Skills Enhancement

Cons

Long Working Hours, Work Life Balance

There are newer employer reviews for EY