Machine Operator

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Shenandoah, IA (US)
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Shenandoah, IA (US)

I have been working at Eaton full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The pay is good, and not only do they match a percentage of your 401k they also have a separate pension plan they contribute to.

Cons

The work load changes often and they are quick to downsize if need be. Half the people there worry about layoffs. Also when you ask management questions you don't often get a straight answer. They just like to tell you what sounds good at the moment, then it could change the very next day.

reviews filtered by
  1. Open policy regarding voicing opinions

Current Employee - Lead Engineer in Pune (India)
    Current Employee - Lead Engineer in Pune (India)

I have been working at Eaton full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

If you are knowledged & smart, this is one of the best places to work

Cons

Should be more aggressive in acquisitions at APAC region for more penetration in market especially for region business in India,China

Advice to Management

EBS is the best framework, no other second opinion. but also need to go for regional business penetration

Eaton is a large corporation with a focus on doing business right.

Current Employee - Leadership Development Program in Beltsville, MD (US)
    Current Employee - Leadership Development Program in Beltsville, MD (US)

I have been working at Eaton full-time (More than a year)

Pros

- a focus on ethics. Eaton makes this a priority, and it shows: the culture here is that we always act ethically
    - opportunities: being large and diverse, there is always room for lateral or vertical moves, regardless of the economy. Of you are talented, you'll have a job here
    - a common vision: "powering business worldwide" isn't just a tagline, it defined what we do. No matter where you go within Eaton, the focus is always on providing efficient power management needs for our customers.

Cons

- a true corporation. If you don't want to be a cog in a big institution, look elsewhere
    - it can be frustrating trying to effect change, due to the large size and top-down management
    - in the aerospace group, there has been a lot of organizational shift lately, which makes it difficult to consistently perform at the plant-level

Advice to Management

Spend some time at your various sites, helping them to better understand the role the play in the bigger organization