There are newer employer reviews for Echo Global Logistics

Growing company, stable industry, great company culture

Current Employee - Carrier Sales Representative in Scottsdale, AZ (US)
Current Employee - Carrier Sales Representative in Scottsdale, AZ (US)

I have been working at Echo Global Logistics full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Everyone who works here is outgoing, high energy and competitive. Its a casual dress code and can wear shorts which is awesome in the dead of summer. You are constantly busy which makes the day fly by. Its a big open room/sales floor with no cubicals so you sit with your team and all the departments are interacting and negotiating with each other all day which helps you learn the industry and stay updated on market rates.

Cons

It can be very stressful at times and overwhelming in the begining. Since we are a broker, a lot of the problems that arise are out of our control and then you have to relay that information to the customer/carrier. Yes, they are usually upset which is really uncomfortable at first but thats just part of the business and its all about how you handle the situation so if you getting good at that is how you do well.

I like the fact that we are not micromanged but it would be nice if the Supervisors had more time to "mentor" us and we could learn from some of the senior reps. When you are new, it can be hard to know where to start or hard to keep yourself motivated becasue the goals seem so far away and are conflicting at times.

reviews filtered by

I didn't know a job like this existed!

Current Employee - Inside Sales in Dallas, TX (US)
    Current Employee - Inside Sales in Dallas, TX (US)

I have been working at Echo Global Logistics full-time (less than a year)

Pros

I absolutely love working at Echo. The Dallas branch has a fun work hard play hard mentality. As long as you are willing to work, this is the place for you. Its a young atmosphere that provides premeir training to their new employees. They bend over backwards to make sure you understand logistics and the sales process. The manager and supervisors are great too. They do not micro manage--they think out of the box and find new and exciting ways to motivate us. We even have beer Fridays and get to wear jeans. The incoming pay is competitive especially in Dallas. I still can't think of a reason to turn this job down. I have recommended some of my close friends, so obviously I think highly of Echo.

Cons

It is sales so you have to be ready to put in the work at the beginning to get a sturdy customer base. Other than that, there aren't very many cons. If you arent happy with something all you have to do is go to someone in management and they will help you. They genuinely want you to enjoy your job.

Echo Global Logistics – Dallas

Current Employee - Sales Supervisor in Dallas, TX (US)
    Current Employee - Sales Supervisor in Dallas, TX (US)

I have been working at Echo Global Logistics full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Echo is a young company with a very young atmosphere, the average age in the Dallas office is sitting somewhere in the neighborhood of 24 years old. Echo Dallas has a great work environment for someone who wants to work hard and play hard. The atmosphere is very laid back in regards to letting you do things your own way. Echo Chicago provides a great training experience for the branch. Almost all higher level positions in the company are filled via internal promotions. Sales reps are not micro managed in their daily tasks. No commission cap, which generally puts a 3rd year employee in the six figure range.

Cons

Echo’s starting compensation is a draw against commission, rather than base plus commission. This is standard across the board in most logistics sales careers. However, it can seem somewhat daunting at first, but generally representatives are above their base compensation within the first nine months.

There are newer employer reviews for Echo Global Logistics