Echo Global Logistics

www.echo.com

Growing company, stable industry, great company culture

Current Employee - Carrier Sales Representative  in  Scottsdale, AZ (US)
Current Employee - Carrier Sales Representative in Scottsdale, AZ (US)

Pros

Everyone who works here is outgoing, high energy and competitive. Its a casual dress code and can wear shorts which is awesome in the dead of summer. You are constantly busy which makes the day fly by. Its a big open room/sales floor with no cubicals so you sit with your team and all the departments are interacting and negotiating with each other all day which helps you learn the industry and stay updated on market rates.

Cons

It can be very stressful at times and overwhelming in the begining. Since we are a broker, a lot of the problems that arise are out of our control and then you have to relay that information to the customer/carrier. Yes, they are usually upset which is really uncomfortable at first but thats just part of the business and its all about how you handle the situation so if you getting good at that is how you do well.

I like the fact that we are not micromanged but it would be nice if the Supervisors had more time to "mentor" us and we could learn from some of the senior reps. When you are new, it can be hard to know where to start or hard to keep yourself motivated becasue the goals seem so far away and are conflicting at times.

Other reviews for Echo Global Logistics

my home away from home

Current Employee - Client Sales Representative  in  Scottsdale, AZ (US)
    Current Employee - Client Sales Representative in Scottsdale, AZ (US)

Pros

Hands down the people. I was an out of state student at UA and them moved up to Scottsdale with a guy in my frat after graduation but the majority of my friends and all of my family are still back home. I instantly had a new group of close friends the day I joined Echo that I expect I will stay close with several throughout my whole life. There seem to be a lot of midwesterns that I can relate to and get advice from.

Cons

College is over and this is the real world. As I assume with any job, you are going to have bad days but it is what it is, nothing really bad to write home about.

Be more visible and involved! Direct Supervisors and other members of my team (and teams of other departments) are fantastic and always happy to help my questions & concerns, no matter how obscure they may be. Rarely see the VPs when they are around and from the few and brief interactions I have had, it appears they have an abundance of knowledge on both the industry and business in general that i would love to be able to learn from! Also, work on disconnect between branches and HQ. I know its becasue we are so far away and in a different time zone, but sometimes it can feel like we aren't as important.

I didn't know a job like this existed!

Current Employee - Inside Sales  in  Dallas, TX (US)
    Current Employee - Inside Sales in Dallas, TX (US)

Pros

I absolutely love working at Echo. The Dallas branch has a fun work hard play hard mentality. As long as you are willing to work, this is the place for you. Its a young atmosphere that provides premeir training to their new employees. They bend over backwards to make sure you understand logistics and the sales process. The manager and supervisors are great too. They do not micro manage--they think out of the box and find new and exciting ways to motivate us. We even have beer Fridays and get to wear jeans. The incoming pay is competitive especially in Dallas. I still can't think of a reason to turn this job down. I have recommended some of my close friends, so obviously I think highly of Echo.

Cons

It is sales so you have to be ready to put in the work at the beginning to get a sturdy customer base. Other than that, there aren't very many cons. If you arent happy with something all you have to do is go to someone in management and they will help you. They genuinely want you to enjoy your job.

There are newer employer reviews for Echo Global Logistics.

Worked for Echo Global Logistics? Contribute to the Community!