Echo Global Logistics

www.echo.com

Growing company, stable industry, great company culture

Carrier Sales Representative (Current Employee) Scottsdale, AZ (US)

ProsEveryone who works here is outgoing, high energy and competitive. Its a casual dress code and can wear shorts which is awesome in the dead of summer. You are constantly busy which makes the day fly by. Its a big open room/sales floor with no cubicals so you sit with your team and all the departments are interacting and negotiating with each other all day which helps you learn the industry and stay updated on market rates.

ConsIt can be very stressful at times and overwhelming in the begining. Since we are a broker, a lot of the problems that arise are out of our control and then you have to relay that information to the customer/carrier. Yes, they are usually upset which is really uncomfortable at first but thats just part of the business and its all about how you handle the situation so if you getting good at that is how you do well.

Advice to Senior ManagementI like the fact that we are not micromanged but it would be nice if the Supervisors had more time to "mentor" us and we could learn from some of the senior reps. When you are new, it can be hard to know where to start or hard to keep yourself motivated becasue the goals seem so far away and are conflicting at times.

Best Place to Work In Metro Detroit

Client Sales Representative (Current Employee) Troy, MI (US)

I have been working at Echo Global Logistics full-time for more than a year

Pros: -company culture: casual dress code, young energetic people, beer fridays -great managment: good mix of focusing on metrics and pushing us harder to do better than… Cons: -there is a high volume of cold calling involved so if you don't like being on the phone or dont have a thick enough skin/no… Advice to Senior Management: Spend more time developing your team, especially the ones right out of college. Its your job as a manager to figure out how each is… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

my home away from home

Client Sales Representative (Current Employee) Scottsdale, AZ (US)

I have been working at Echo Global Logistics full-time for less than a year

Pros: Hands down the people. I was an out of state student at UA and them moved up to Scottsdale with a guy in my frat… Cons: College is over and this is the real world. As I assume with any job, you are… Advice to Senior Management: Be more visible and involved! Direct Supervisors and other members of my team (and teams of other departments) are fantastic and always happy to help… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More
There are newer reviews on Echo Global Logistics.

Worked for Echo Global Logistics? Contribute to the Community!