Echo Global Logistics

www.echo.com
  www.echo.com
There are newer employer reviews for Echo Global Logistics

Growing company, stable industry, great company culture

Current Employee - Carrier Sales Representative in Scottsdale, AZ (US)
Current Employee - Carrier Sales Representative in Scottsdale, AZ (US)

I have been working at Echo Global Logistics full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Everyone who works here is outgoing, high energy and competitive. Its a casual dress code and can wear shorts which is awesome in the dead of summer. You are constantly busy which makes the day fly by. Its a big open room/sales floor with no cubicals so you sit with your team and all the departments are interacting and negotiating with each other all day which helps you learn the industry and stay updated on market rates.

Cons

It can be very stressful at times and overwhelming in the begining. Since we are a broker, a lot of the problems that arise are out of our control and then you have to relay that information to the customer/carrier. Yes, they are usually upset which is really uncomfortable at first but thats just part of the business and its all about how you handle the situation so if you getting good at that is how you do well.

I like the fact that we are not micromanged but it would be nice if the Supervisors had more time to "mentor" us and we could learn from some of the senior reps. When you are new, it can be hard to know where to start or hard to keep yourself motivated becasue the goals seem so far away and are conflicting at times.

146 Other Employee Reviews for Echo Global Logistics (View Most Recent)

Best Place to Work In Metro Detroit

Current Employee - Client Sales Representative in Troy, MI (US)
    Current Employee - Client Sales Representative in Troy, MI (US)

I have been working at Echo Global Logistics full-time (more than an year)

Pros

-company culture: casual dress code, young energetic people, beer fridays
    -great managment: good mix of focusing on metrics and pushing us harder to do better than we think we can
    -work hard, play hard: I actually enjoy being at work and competing with my co-workers as well as meeting up with them on the weekends
    -very much a place where you get out what you put in

Cons

-there is a high volume of cold calling involved so if you don't like being on the phone or dont have a thick enough skin/no backbone, then its probably not the place for you
    -it can take a long time to start earning commission and I've noticed some of the younger reps right out of college get easily discouraged and a negative attitude gets them no where but out the door. people who came from another sales role seem to "get it" a little more and know the kind of hard work it takes to make it in sales.

Spend more time developing your team, especially the ones right out of college. Its your job as a manager to figure out how each is motivated and get them back on track when they get frusterated, work on strenghts/weakness, get involved enough to where you are actually invested in seeing them succeed and show it!

my home away from home

Current Employee - Client Sales Representative in Scottsdale, AZ (US)
    Current Employee - Client Sales Representative in Scottsdale, AZ (US)

I have been working at Echo Global Logistics full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Hands down the people. I was an out of state student at UA and them moved up to Scottsdale with a guy in my frat after graduation but the majority of my friends and all of my family are still back home. I instantly had a new group of close friends the day I joined Echo that I expect I will stay close with several throughout my whole life. There seem to be a lot of midwesterns that I can relate to and get advice from.

Cons

College is over and this is the real world. As I assume with any job, you are going to have bad days but it is what it is, nothing really bad to write home about.

Be more visible and involved! Direct Supervisors and other members of my team (and teams of other departments) are fantastic and always happy to help my questions & concerns, no matter how obscure they may be. Rarely see the VPs when they are around and from the few and brief interactions I have had, it appears they have an abundance of knowledge on both the industry and business in general that i would love to be able to learn from! Also, work on disconnect between branches and HQ. I know its becasue we are so far away and in a different time zone, but sometimes it can feel like we aren't as important.

There are newer employer reviews for Echo Global Logistics