There are newer employer reviews for Edelman

An agency devoted to diversity, creativity and results.

Former Contractor - Vice President in Los Angeles, CA (US)
Former Contractor - Vice President in Los Angeles, CA (US)

I worked at Edelman as a contractor (Less than a year)

Pros

Great place to work. Embraces diversity. Strong leadership in the LA office.

Cons

Large agency. Takes time to be promoted.

Advice to Management

I don't really have any advice to management other than I wish they had the work to hire me full time.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status
  1. If PR is your calling, Edelman is the place to be!

Former Employee - Senior ACCOUNTS EXECUTIVE in Gurgaon, Haryana (India)
    Former Employee - Senior ACCOUNTS EXECUTIVE in Gurgaon, Haryana (India)

I worked at Edelman full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The top 5 reasons to join Edelman are: - Global exposure & best practices - Excellent Career Opportunities - Always attracts the world's best clients to work with - An Industry Paymaster - Employee Friendly HR Policies Public Relations is a local business, FOR MOST AGENCIES. Edelman de-mystifies such perceptions about the business and provides an opportunity to excel and DO MORE THAN JUST MEDIA RELATIONS. Edelman has been a world leader from quite sometime and for some very good reasons. Thanks to their outstanding HR approach, they end up attracting not just the best talent in a marketplace but also the best employees which gives you another reason to work for the firm.

Cons

It is only a PR agency

Advice to Management

Edelman has some fantastic values, keep up the great heritage going!

Smart People, Entrepreneurial Environment, Focus on Outstanding Strategic Thinking"

Current Employee - Vice President in New York, NY (US)
    Current Employee - Vice President in New York, NY (US)

I have been working at Edelman full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Excellent opportunities to grow and learn at this huge "mom and pop" consultancy. I love the intelligence, passion and commitment of the people I work with, and the challenging assignments keep me engaged. Edelman's IP offering is a huge enhancement, helping all associates connect as part of a larger global conversation and offering something truly unique and valuable to clients and other stakeholders.

Cons

It's a very, very political place. The path to promotion is unclear and byzantine. And senior management is sometimes slow to correct or remove under-performing group heads and other leaders. It doesn't necessarily impact work on a day-to-day basis, but this swirl can begin to feel frustrating, and become a significant time suck.

Advice to Management

Pay very close attention to your practice group heads - especially in the shadow P&Ls. They need to be effective managers AND visionary leaders offering a clear strategic direction and plan to get there. This seems lacking at the moment, though there is some signs of movement in the right direction.