There are newer employer reviews for Edelman

Fast-paced, always changing environment with great people but occasionally questionable decision-making

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY (US)
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY (US)

I have been working at Edelman full-time

Pros

The people are amazing. You'll make great friends and feel invited into a very collaborative, friendly environment by your peers. The agency at large is very well-respected, which is a great status to maintain and be part of when working with clients.

Cons

Decisions made by senior leadership are not communicated well to employees. Any communications that are made by leadership are clouded in positivity, lacking detail and decreasing their credibility. Also, the leadership team seems to have become a group in and of themselves, protecting one another and becoming more disconnected from the team at large. For example, senior leadership members were almost all promoted to higher positions during the most recent common review season, while hard-working and deserving midlevel staff were largely overlooked despite similar years of experience and age.

Advice to Management

Communicate decisions that are made regularly. Reinforce ideals of an environment (such as approachable leadership) by practicing them, not merely stating them.

reviews filtered by
  1. Is Edelman one of the best?

Current Employee - Account Coordinator in Beijing, Beijing (China)
    Current Employee - Account Coordinator in Beijing, Beijing (China)

I have been working at Edelman full-time (More than a year)

Pros

As an English, native speaker there are numerous opportunities to interact with clients and manage projects in Beijing. An overseas education is something that provides a skill set which is unique among local staff, and, thus, helps you to stand out.

Cons

Frankly, the Beijing office operates more on guanxi (personal relationships and connections) than it does on hard work and success. It's a well known fact that foreign staff face greater challenges in being promoted compared to their local counterparts.
    Maintaining a good work-life balance is difficult.

Advice to Management

Ensure that employees that do good work are recognized. The quality of work is not always determined by the hours someone works.
    Work on employee satisfaction and retention. In particular, pay attention to ensuring that your employees have a work-life balance. Too many colleagues of mine have quit because they've been forced to work overtime nearly everyday.

2. totally not impressed with the company

I worked at Edelman

Pros

big agency good money not great results

Cons

nothing got done. all we did was create plans we couldn't execute