There are newer employer reviews for Education Management Corporation

Completely Disorganized with a Bleak Outlook

Former Employee - Finance/Enrollment Manager in Pittsburgh, PA (US)
Former Employee - Finance/Enrollment Manager in Pittsburgh, PA (US)

I worked at Education Management Corporation full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Fringe benefits were great, and the internal cultural was nice

Cons

100% disorganized, unrealistic expectations for position responsibilities, and the work environment/duties changed so often that performing is nearly impossible

If you continue to preach work/life balance, make it happen. Everyone I knew brought the stress and work home with them every night

316 Other Employee Reviews for Education Management Corporation (View Most Recent)

Growing pains...then shrinking pains

Current Employee - Instructor
    Current Employee - Instructor

I have been working at Education Management Corporation part-time

Pros

Flexible hours and many friendly co-workers

Cons

Lots of last minute changes. Upper management doesn't listen, even at the local level. Want a secure job? Don't work here. Great people to work with, game-playing bureaucrats to work for.

Don't pretend to know what you're doing when most of your decisions are reactive. Listen to the instructors when it comes to student retention and ways to grow. You simply don't. Ask what can be improved and the local campus level and listen. You simply don't. I and most of my coworkers are looking for jobs elsewhere, though we are some of the best communicators and thorough thinkers you will find in our community. We know what we are doing, but wonder if you do...

EDMC is a failing company. Only accept employment here if you are very desperate.

I worked at Education Management Corporation full-time

Pros

The internal culture is great. Also, they have many entry-level opportunities due to the past and future lay offs of employees with higher wages.

Cons

No job security at all. Also, Admissions Representative position is a telemarketing job (although they do try making it appear otherwise to prospective employees and students). Nothing that they promise you, such as raises, reviews, and employment agreements can be depended on in their current legal and financial struggles. They are all about numbers here, and although they have made substantial efforts to improve their agressive recruitment tactics and other areas of business, do not expect respect in or from any revenue-generating position with EDMC.

Dont be decieved in thinking your job is secure.

There are newer employer reviews for Education Management Corporation