Education Management Corporation
www.edmc.edu Pittsburgh, PA 5000+ Employees

Education without management

Assistant Director of Admissions (Former Employee)
Fort Lauderdale, FL (US)

I worked at Education Management Corporation full-time for more than a year

ProsSome of the employees are nice caring individuals

ConsManagement has no clue on how to manage in the current market environment. They are living off of past success and the boom in for-profit education. Now that the industry is under scrutiny and enrollments are down there is no strategy to recover and grow.

Advice to Senior ManagementManage your people better than you do your expenses. The bottom line is cost. You are not competitively priced and community and state schools will start to bury you.

EDMC

Supervisor (Current Employee)
Pittsburgh, PA (US)

I have been working at Education Management Corporation full-time for more than 8 years

Pros: None that I can think of Cons: Resistance to change, inexperienced senior management hires based on friendships Advice to Senior Management: Listen to your emplolyees No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

All about the numbers, not the students, profit before people

I have been working at Education Management Corporation full-time for more than a year

Pros: colleagues were awesome, except management. Cons: sink or drown mentality, little coporate support. Crownies run… Advice to Senior Management: make goals realistic, and obtainable, add a fun factor – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

There are newer reviews on Education Management Corporation.

Worked for Education Management Corporation? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Education Management Corporation reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Education Management Corporation CEO Edward H. West. All reviews posted anonymously by Education Management Corporation employees.