Einstein Bros. Bagels

www.einsteinnoah.com

Bread on the table but come on give me a break

Crew Member (Current Employee) Lawrenceville, GA (US)

Pros50% discounts on meals, no late nights (store closes at 5pm), Room for growth within the company for everyone

Cons-early mornings if you're not a morning person (early as 1-3am) mainly for bakers, shift managers and the GM

-company forces GM's not to exceed a certain amount of labor hours which causes GM's to under staff on certain days which results in complaints from customers bc everyone isn't as fast, some ppl aren't cross trained and that's when everything hits the fan especially on a busy day.

-company doesn't take their employees serious when it comes to internal complaints amongst other co-workers. The ABM (who only visits the store once or twice every few months) and Human Resource Manager will address every employee about the issue to get their perspective but won't follow through with appropriate action. We've had spy camera's in our restrooms, Shift Managers that harassed, used profanity and abused their authority but bc they had "great customer service," no action was taken leaving the employees frustrated and drained. The customers could cut the tension with a knife and it reflected in our performance as well.

-company will promote anyone to shift manager especially if they're desperate enough. Most GM's are stuck without any shift managers to cover certain shifts which leaves them to work from open to close 7 days a week (3am-5pm). When they find a shift manager it's usually someone with little to no experience who doesn't know how to run a shift or lead a team, leaving the shift to run it's self when the GM is off for the day. Epic fail.

-there are no set rules. every GM sets their own rules and regulations. We've had 6 different GM's in less than 3 years and each one had their own rules, some followed the rules by the book and then others took shortcuts. So, you probably won't get trained properly especially now that Einstein's no longer has it's own training store. Also, if you've been working their and a new GM comes along everything that you were told by the last GM is now thrown out the window because like I said each GM sets their own rules so it's sort of like starting all over again.

-no time and a half for working during the holidays! and no overtime allowed. the store is open for nearly every holiday except Christmas, but they're trying to change that.

Advice to Senior Management-Hire Shift Managers that actually know what they're doing. You can call their last job to see if they would recommend them before hiring.

-ABM's need to be more involved with their stores. They need to visit the stores more often and actually try to get to know the employees and ask questions. It shouldn't only be about the GM or the Shift Managers, the crew members matter also.

-Stop being so cheap and give your employees better raises when you know they deserve it. And time and a half if we have to work during the holidays. That's unheard of for me!

-Keep the rules the same that way it'll be an easier/smoother transition from Gm to Gm

- Train all employees especially shift managers and test them!!! Shift Managers should know how to do what a crew member does and more, not the other way around.

-learn how to schedule your employees. Don't schedule 3 people when out of those 3 people only one is cross trained, if someone calls out you're stuck or if they go on break they shouldn't have to stop eating to help out on the line. it's ridiculous. it's called a break for a reason!

Not a good marketing environment

Brand Manager (Former Employee) Lakewood, CO (US)

I worked at Einstein Bros. Bagels full-time for more than a year

Pros: -As close to marketing-driven company in the restaurant industry as you can get -Pays relatively well within marketing function for industry -Good level… Cons: -It's a consumer-driven company with NO understanding of the consumer...no research budget, in-house insights employees, or segmentation/targeting/positioning -No one is willing to speak out against poor… Advice to Senior Management: Overhaul is needed No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

It was a job

Team Member (Former Employee)

I worked at Einstein Bros. Bagels part-time for less than a year

Pros: decent food, mostly nice people to work with, nice discount,… Cons: poor pay, always cut early, early to rise means early to sleep, shift manager was… Advice to Senior Management: It's okay to try and be our friend but you… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More
There are newer reviews on Einstein Bros. Bagels.

Worked for Einstein Bros. Bagels? Contribute to the Community!