Electronic Data Systems

www.eds.com
  www.eds.com
There are newer employer reviews for Electronic Data Systems

EDS

I worked at Electronic Data Systems full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

Culture, People, Clients, Prospects, Work life Balance

Cons

Things turned during the merger with HP

relight the EDS spirit

650 Other Employee Reviews for Electronic Data Systems (View Most Recent)

Not a good place

Current Employee - Client Executive in London, England
    Current Employee - Client Executive in London, England

I have been working at Electronic Data Systems full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

If you get very lucky, you might get to work for a leader who can motivate, mentor and inspire the staff. You can actually learn a lot from such a leader. We had a few in the past at EDS, but most have gone. With the good leader, along comes opportunities for various experiences, training and even promotion.

Cons

There are very few good leaders at EDS. Even in the past, when we had a few, the more senior ranks were awful.

Ross Perot envisaged a dynamic business excelling at providing I T Services and an inspirational place to work. We have become a financial juggling company that doesnt care, despite the bull, about the customers or the staff. It is all about numbers. As an I T Services company, if we offered excellence, we would grow and be profitable. As it is, we offer financial juggling, deliver as little as possible for as much as possible and pay our staff as little as we can. I guess by offshoring and keeping our prices rock bottom, we are the Wal Mart of the industry. No quality, good price.

Left after 3.5 months....

Former Employee - Information Specialist in Sheffield, England
    Former Employee - Information Specialist in Sheffield, England

I worked at Electronic Data Systems full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Local to my home area

Cons

Saw very bad morale, a lack of pay awards and training, a complete disregard from HR about career development. I felt immediately that I had lost control of my career when starting here. despite all that was mentioned at the interview about carrer prospects and personal progression.

Stop playing to the shareholders and fixed budgets and let your staff provide the service you aspire to provide by allowing them to grow !!

There are newer employer reviews for Electronic Data Systems