Eli Lilly
www.lilly.com Indianapolis, IN 5000+ Employees

Great company that could be greater

Consultant (Current Employee)
Indianapolis, IN (US)

I have been working at Eli Lilly full-time for more than 8 years

ProsGlobal company with tremendous opportunities to work across the value chain. Well compensated in an area of the US where cost of living is extremely affordable. A desire to make an impact for patients - excellent sense of purpose.

ConsMidwest, conservative culture that can be slow to adapt and change. Sometimes we let ourselves be ruled by our history and values rather than using them to better advantage.

Advice to Senior ManagementShake the trees some and get rid of those who are hesitant to change their thinking. We are held hostage at times by those who are here just for a good retirement.

Company review of Eli Lilly

Market Research (Current Employee)
Indianapolis, IN (US)

I have been working at Eli Lilly full-time for more than 10 years

Pros: Good salary and beneifits. Very transparent communicators. Employees are very proactive about resolving… Cons: Lilly lost Zyprexa patent and many employees lost their jobs in 2011. Lilly is thinning out the employee population again in 2013 due to… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Sales Representative

I have been working at Eli Lilly full-time for more than 5 years

Pros: Flexibility, open for creative ideas, truly a business owner, Treated like a family not a… Cons: Difficult to get promoted and move up, average pay, Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

There are newer reviews on Eli Lilly.

Worked for Eli Lilly? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Eli Lilly reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Eli Lilly CEO John C. Lechleiter. All reviews posted anonymously by Eli Lilly employees.