Energy Transfer
www.energytransfer.com Dallas, TX 5000+ Employees

Almost Decent Place to Work

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)
Houston, TX (US)

I worked at Energy Transfer

ProsThere's a lack of IT knowledge within the department at the senior most levels. This provides an opportunity to shine by helping with best practices and moving the department forward. The employees doing the work are friendly and competent.

ConsWhen providing those best practices, you rarely receive recognition. Nepotism runs rampant, and the CIO favors loyalty over competence every time, to the tune of promoting inexperienced people beyond their means. Cheap hardware with lack of redundancy to save a few bucks means consistent outages. Hacks put in place by Sr. Dir of IT create a snowball effect that makes simple tasks difficult to accomplish. The IT mentality of Sr. Mgt. is give users just barely enough to get their jobs done, and force business decisions on them.

Energy Transfer spends about 20% of what it should be spending on IT as compared to other Fortune 500 companies and it shows.

Advice to Senior ManagementEmbrace best practices, promote based on merit rather than the buddy system. Reduce ROI caused by manual processes throughout the IT department.

Good company, nowhere near great.

Systems Analyst (Current Employee)
San Antonio, TX (US)

I have been working at Energy Transfer

Pros: Company is very flexible with schedules and are good when you need to leave… Cons: - No praise or recognition for job well done. - Pay is… Advice to Senior Management: Definitely more involvment with the little people. Your employees make you look good, so treat them as such. The best employees should always be appreciated… More

Working at Energy Transfer was a great experience in a fast paced and rewarding industry.

Engineering Intern (Current Employee)
Houston, TX (US)

I have been working at Energy Transfer as an intern for more than a year

Pros: A rapidly growing company with large projects and a healthy array of opportunities. I worked with an extremely knowledgeable and helpful team. I would do anything… Cons: As with any large corporation there are challenges with working at ETC,… Advice to Senior Management: A bulk of your work comes from a handful of hard working individuals, recognize them, give them… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

There are newer reviews on Energy Transfer.

Worked for Energy Transfer? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Energy Transfer reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Energy Transfer CEO Kelcy L. Warren. All reviews posted anonymously by Energy Transfer employees.