Great work culture, needs more communication between departments

Current Employee - Intern  in  New York, NY (US)
Current Employee - Intern in New York, NY (US)

I have been working at Enterprise Community Partners full-time for less than a year

Pros

Good work-life balance
Understanding upper management
Great learning environment for this industry

Cons

Lack of communication between directors

Communicate, Be more transparent

Other Reviews for Enterprise Community Partners

IT Managers lied to me for two years

Former Employee - Software  in  Columbia, MD (US)
    Former Employee - Software in Columbia, MD (US)

I worked at Enterprise Community Partners full-time for more than a year

Pros

The mission of the company is supposed to be noble. The food at the deli was quite nice.

Cons

As a developer, the business rules are constantly changing or not defined at all. That's a problem from the business side to IT. Within IT, it's all downhill; just don't work there.

IT Management was never honest or transparent with me.

The managers in IT constantly lied to me about my job position. Instead of simply stating that there was no need for a .NET position and a SalesForce admin was wanted instead, tell me. Instead, you went years without assigning any substantial work to me, and then you have the audacity to say I "under produce". When asked what my next assignment was, you couldn't even answer. You constantly lied to me, saying that it was my fault I didn't have any work. No, that is the job of management.

The IT managers should have "manned up" and stated that the position was no longer needed. Instead, you had to shuffle the department around until you could find a manager who would do your dirty work for you and fire me. And how pathetic is it that multiple current employees have told me that there was a congrats-fest after the firing, as if to tell the manager-you-installed-to-do-your-firing that he was to be congratulated for his "first kill", as it were.

The managers in IT are not ethical. A previous manager stood up to the higher-ups and refused to do their bidding, so the IT managers shuffled the department to find someone to do their hatchet-job. The fact that you have to lie in finding a termination reason is pathetic. None of the managers at Enterprise was honest.

In the end, I get the last laugh: when you have development skills, finding a new position is trivial. You guys can lie all you want about why you got rid of me, but I get the last laugh. I earned two years of salary and you barely assigned me anything at all. I've done as much work since leaving Enterprise as I did while I was there, only you paid me for two years while I didn't do it.

And that's the truth.

A great company to learn the business but not the place to grow

Former Employee - Executive Administrative Assistant  in  Columbia, MD (US)
    Former Employee - Executive Administrative Assistant in Columbia, MD (US)

I worked at Enterprise Community Partners full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

-The company's mission to provide affordable housing
    -The benefits (medical, dental, vision)

Cons

-Very little growth within the company; if you haven't been promoted in two years, leave
    -Promotions are only given to those who have more seniority rather than those who work hard

I think management should carefully evaluate their staff; i.e. staff who are working hard, who comes in on time vs. those who are wasting office hours.

There are newer employer reviews for Enterprise Community Partners.

Worked for Enterprise Community Partners? Contribute to the Community!