There are newer employer reviews for Environmental Resources Management

A wonderful internship experience! Learned a great deal, met great people, and was treated very well.

Former Employee - Intern  in  London, England
Former Employee - Intern in London, England

I worked at Environmental Resources Management as an intern for less than a year

Pros

+Great work culture
+Highly intelligent and competent employees
+High-performing company
+Was mentored by caring supervisors
+Was given meaningful work and felt like my output was actually valued
+Didn't pour a single cup of coffee or make a single photocopy.

Cons

I apologize if this review seems one-sided, but I really can't think of any cons.

124 Other Employee Reviews for Environmental Resources Management (View Most Recent)

Dull, dull, dull - fine for "technicians" but not for those interested in broader sustainability and business consulting

I worked at Environmental Resources Management

Pros

Good for those interested in a technical career. Global network.

Cons

Uninteresting and uninspiring work and colleagues. People strategy is a joke. Feels like a company in financial trouble.

Move up the value chain or become a dinosaur.

Undue Pressure on the Consultants, Office atmosphere can be political.

Former Employee - Associate Engineer
    Former Employee - Associate Engineer

I worked at Environmental Resources Management full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

I've worked on some very cool projects and learned a lot in my experience. ERM has big clients that need assistance with big projects. It can be very cool to participate. There are still a few very smart people left in the ranks that are willing to take a junior consultant under their wing. I owe my current position (at another company) to the great project experience I got at ERM.

Compensation is so-so, raises are based on annual inflation +/- a fraction of a percent depending on annual reviews (how billable you were the past year).

Cons

The company is run by investors whose primary goal is for the company to be as profitable as possible. This puts stress on all the employees there to be a billable as possible. Billability goals of 95% or 100% are typical for ERM consultants (you have to be working on something that ERM can charge for at least 38 hours per week). If you consistently work 60 hours per week, don't expect to get much more than a "thanks for helping our office's billability numbers". The burden is on each employee to meet the goal, otherwise you attract negative attention and predictable conversations with management. This is BS especially for the entry-level workers who have little to no control over what is handed to them. It is expected that you work over your 40 hours to meet these goals. Workers get stressed and it affects their personal lives if they're not billable enough. Project Managers get stressed out over this too. A lot of stress in general.
    Office atmosphere can be cold and political; I attribute this atmosphere to the stresses listed above
    As others have said, development of junior employees can be better. Opportunities for classes and training are available, but that may take away from your billability, which can be problematic

There are newer employer reviews for Environmental Resources Management

Worked for Environmental Resources Management? Contribute to the Community!