Epic Health Services

www.epichealthservices.com
  www.epichealthservices.com
There are newer employer reviews for Epic Health Services

RUN

Current Employee - LVN  in  San Antonio, TX (US)
Current Employee - LVN in San Antonio, TX (US)

I have been working at Epic Health Services full-time for more than a year

Pros

You work on your own without any involvement from the office staff once hired.

Cons

Company only cares about $$. You will be a body in a spot, nothing more. Low pay, No benefits. Office staff snotty, fake. Nurses told they are the number one priority in the home setting. Not true, You will be sent into difficult situations and left to fend for yourself. High turnover.They will hire anyone, so if you value your reputation as a nurse, do not work here!

Take a look around you. If your nurses aren't happy, you will not have a company. You can be the "largest pediatric home health agency" all day long, but without quality, what does it matter? Train office staff in customer service, and people skills. The bottom line is not always the bottom line.

30 Other Employee Reviews for Epic Health Services (View Most Recent)

staff RN

Current Employee - Staff RN  in  Dallas, TX (US)
    Current Employee - Staff RN in Dallas, TX (US)

I have been working at Epic Health Services full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Opportunity to work with fragile children/families. Ability make a positive contribution to the quality of life for many who can not "speak for themselves" I have had the opportunity to work with some good well intended Epic employees who really care about children.

Cons

Cattle call for any nurse w/license. This company has become a #'s game... Claims to be the "fastest growing pediatric home care business in the state" but from my experience does not properly screen employees before hiring. In addition, I had a very poor orientation (nurse/and mom spoke over child telling "battle stories of 911 calls/visits to ER", filthy house, dog drank from toilet, jumped on bed w/vent patient.). There is no commitment for ongoing pediatric education/high standards for quality care. Nursing supervisors come and go thru a revolving door. Schedulers are overworked, lack training in pediatric diagnosis, and are responsible for nurse assignments.

Please take time to vet nurses, and invest in ongoing education to promote QUALITY pediatric care. Schedulers need to be proficient in basic pediatric dx/care and have compassionate communication skills in dealing w/ families/nurses. Improve communication w/ nurses. Spend less $ on recruitment.

Disorganized company

Former Employee - Registered Nurse  in  Fort Worth, TX (US)
    Former Employee - Registered Nurse in Fort Worth, TX (US)

I worked at Epic Health Services part-time for less than a year

Pros

promised flexible schedule
    assignments close to home

Cons

The company was very disorganized, I went there for testing, etc, then had a short orientation at Epic where I did not get paid for it. They said that they are not allowed to pay for orientation. Then they lost copies of all my licenses and certifications. I had to bring them back to them. After that I was told I would be set up for nursing orientation shifts with my assigned patient. They called twice and cancelled my orientation. They kept telling me they would reschedule. I would call them to talk about it, and they would say they had to get back with me on scheduling. I finally got tired of it and found another PRN job.

get more organized

There are newer employer reviews for Epic Health Services

Worked for Epic Health Services? Contribute to the Community!