Ericsson-Worldwide

www.ericsson.com
  www.ericsson.com
There are newer employer reviews for Ericsson-Worldwide

Good company overall, enjoyed my time working here.

Former Employee - Software Architect in Plano, TX (US)
Former Employee - Software Architect in Plano, TX (US)

I worked at Ericsson-Worldwide full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Methodical, lots process in place and support for an efficient working environment. Liked the consistency across the company (for example computer/software use shared company wide, not different between each group/department/location/etc.). Challenging work.

Cons

Very office oriented expectation spend most time working in office - not big on working from home or teleworking for most all roles. I had concerns about work not being done by the best team or location but seeing high preferences for teams in Sweden/northern Europe over other global locations. Global company, with strong preferences not to do R&D outside Europe. Good if you are in Europe, not so good sometimes if elsewhere in the world.

Look at value of teleworking and work from home for much wider scope of positions. Evaluate where R&D is done, I saw often work outside Sweden/Europe overseen by teams there, or also cases where it was clear teams highly capable and ready outside Sweden/Europe disbanded in preference to existing teams where I was not sure they were as ramped up/capable of handling the work being given them. If going to be global, be global and smart about it.

2056 Other Employee Reviews for Ericsson-Worldwide (View Most Recent)

Excellent Organization to work with.

I have been working at Ericsson-Worldwide full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Culture, People, values, Technology, vision

Cons

Market, global challenges, compitition, price

Great Company, pleasant people

Current Employee - R&D Software Design Engineer in Aachen (Germany)
    Current Employee - R&D Software Design Engineer in Aachen (Germany)

I have been working at Ericsson-Worldwide as a contractor (more than 5 years)

Pros

- Reputation and really good brand name.
    - A great start for a graduate and opportunity to develop a great career in Telecoms Industry.

Cons

- Proprietary software language and tools can be major drawback if you need to move on to another field or company.

- You should push permanent staff to show commitment to deliver work. Do not always rely on contract-based employees.

There are newer employer reviews for Ericsson-Worldwide