Ericsson-Worldwide

www.ericsson.com
  www.ericsson.com
There are newer employer reviews for Ericsson-Worldwide

Good company overall, enjoyed my time working here.

Former Employee - Software Architect in Plano, TX (US)
Former Employee - Software Architect in Plano, TX (US)

I worked at Ericsson-Worldwide full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Methodical, lots process in place and support for an efficient working environment. Liked the consistency across the company (for example computer/software use shared company wide, not different between each group/department/location/etc.). Challenging work.

Cons

Very office oriented expectation spend most time working in office - not big on working from home or teleworking for most all roles. I had concerns about work not being done by the best team or location but seeing high preferences for teams in Sweden/northern Europe over other global locations. Global company, with strong preferences not to do R&D outside Europe. Good if you are in Europe, not so good sometimes if elsewhere in the world.

Look at value of teleworking and work from home for much wider scope of positions. Evaluate where R&D is done, I saw often work outside Sweden/Europe overseen by teams there, or also cases where it was clear teams highly capable and ready outside Sweden/Europe disbanded in preference to existing teams where I was not sure they were as ramped up/capable of handling the work being given them. If going to be global, be global and smart about it.

2039 Other Employee Reviews for Ericsson-Worldwide (View Most Recent)

If there is one company you could chose to work for Ericsson would be it.

Current Employee - Tactical Marketing Manager in Stockholm, Stockholm (Sweden)
    Current Employee - Tactical Marketing Manager in Stockholm, Stockholm (Sweden)

I have been working at Ericsson-Worldwide full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

The company provides for a lot of internal and cross border movement for those willing to accept challenges and move into exciting new environments. Everyone is highly engaging and very ambitious. The quality of work is high and the level of support between colleagues is very good.

Cons

If you are seeking a job where you are looking to be told what to do or have lower ambition levels then this company may not suit your needs.

Keep on setting the goals high. Prioritize innovation and people and we cannot go wrong.

Solution Integrator

I have been working at Ericsson-Worldwide full-time

Pros

1) Good office.
    2) less work pressure

Cons

1) less challenging work
    2) Cost cutting is high
    3) most of managers are not supportive
    4) Dirty politics
    5) Manager favorite people get promotion frequently rather then who deserves

Do what is committed verbally
    Don't be partial in giving opportunities and promotions

There are newer employer reviews for Ericsson-Worldwide