There are newer employer reviews for Eurofins Scientific

Useful for gaining laboratory experience before getting a properly paid job elsewhere.

Former Employee - Scientist in Otterbourne, England
Former Employee - Scientist in Otterbourne, England

I worked at Eurofins Scientific

Pros

Friendly and sociable staff.
Good sense of team spirit.
Flexi-time is useful.
Nice site location.
The Christmas meal and summer barbecue are welcome events.

Cons

Very poor pay and unfair conditions. Some staff get a bigger holiday allowance and are paid significantly more than others to do the same job, often to a lower standard.
No opportunities for professional or career development: Eurofins almost never promote internally, always hiring externally and never consider using their own employees abilities and skills.
High staff turnover due to dissatisfaction with the unfair pay and working conditions.
No pay increase for three years yet there has been a lot of money spent on managers and their expenses.

Advice to Management

Make the pay and working conditions fairer for laboratory staff - it is demoralising to have wildly differing pay levels for doing the same job.
Give current staff opportunities to progress their careers within the company.

reviews filtered by

Eurofins US

I have been working at Eurofins Scientific

Pros

Steady business even in bad economy.

Cons

Headquarter needs to be significant.

Advice to Management

N/A

Unprofessional and chaotic. Avoid unless you absolutely need a job. Then find something else anyway.

Former Employee - Lab Technician I in Des Moines, IA (US)
    Former Employee - Lab Technician I in Des Moines, IA (US)

I worked at Eurofins Scientific full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Co-workers and lab management are generally nice and personable. Easy to get a job; because they always need to replace the last employee who wised up and quit. Not much else.

Cons

This place is an absolute house of horrors to work at. Every employee is expendable; and as other reviewers have said, you're not going to see much in the way of actual raises or promotions. You have no real future at Eurofins.
    To avoid droning on about everything that is drastically wrong here, I'll just make a nice list of the major issues this place poses its workers:

-Understaffed departments with excessive workloads lead to a great deal of overtime
    -Hours change at the drop of a hat, meaning that what little time you have away from this place is impossible to predict
    -Equipment frequently malfunctions or needs replaced; bogs down workflow
    -Wal-mart like turnover rate decreases morale and effectiveness
    -Pay is beyond laughable. I made more per hour at a part time retail job in college. Benefits are expensive for what little coverage they provide
    -Excessive cost cutting measures hinder productivity

Advice to Management

If you truly want to back up the claim that Eurofins is one of the best professional independent testing laboratories in the world, maybe spend some actual time developing your testing facilities and employees.

There are newer employer reviews for Eurofins Scientific