Eurofins Scientific

www.eurofins.com
  www.eurofins.com
There are newer employer reviews for Eurofins Scientific

Go elsewhere for a decent job

I have been working at Eurofins Scientific as a contractor (less than an year)

Pros

Office/lab is within 30 minute drive of anywhere in Des Moines

Cons

The place smells horrible - either like biproduct (dead things) or manure. The pay among lab staff and admin staff below director level is subpar and their health benefits are the worst I've ever seen - over $500 a month employee cost for family insurance. I have been working here as a temp for two months and witnessed many instances of questionable behavior among managers. Example: the administrative area was closed off due to black mold but the lab staff was lied to and told they are just painting that area. The catholic religion/rules are regularly discussed openly by HR staff in front of other staff. I recently took a tour of the laboratories and have never seen a more unhappy group of people. I was offered a permanent position, however, am not interested at any rate. Turnover is extremely high among not only Eurofins Scientific but among all the Eurofins business units (they go by many different names). My two month contract here is almost up and I couldn't be happier. I would rather be unemployed than work here. Beware!! The CEO, Michael Russell, is the only person I have met here that didn't leave me with a feeling of creepiness. A very odd group of people! The administrative staff in the Des Moines location will most likely not have jobs within a couple years as they are slowly moving operations to another service center in Lancaster, Pennsylvania.

33 Other Employee Reviews for Eurofins Scientific (View Most Recent)

I would only work there temporarily or not at all.

Former Employee - Lab Technician
    Former Employee - Lab Technician

I worked at Eurofins Scientific

Pros

The people are nice, for the most part. It's a job and you'll always have 40 hours a week. They rarely fire people.

Cons

You will never be promoted. The turnover rate is extremely high; most of the people that work there are temps so think about this before you accept full time employment with them. You will be underpaid. The management has little to no training and can be very juvenile. It is best to only work here temporarily until you find a good job.

Go to some sort of management training. Hire assistant supervisors who have management experience. Promote and reward people who do well.

Decent Job

Former Employee - Lab Technician in Des Moines, IA (US)
    Former Employee - Lab Technician in Des Moines, IA (US)

I worked at Eurofins Scientific

Pros

Able to use science and the scientific method to solve problems in the lab
    Excellent benefits
    Fun co-workers
    Very good location (used to be north-central Des Moines, but is now Southern Des Moines)

Cons

Low pay
    Excessive rules (e.g. no music on the job)
    Managers can be aloof and treat employees like cattle

Provide leadership and build an environment where people can want to improve themselves. Recognize employees who go out of their way to do more than they have to.

There are newer employer reviews for Eurofins Scientific