There are newer employer reviews for Evercore Partners

Great prestigious boutique investment bank to work for if you're ok with the lifestyle

Former Employee - M&A Analyst in New York, NY (US)
Former Employee - M&A Analyst in New York, NY (US)

I worked at Evercore Partners full-time (More than a year)

Pros

High-profile M&A assignments, prestigious (and improving) brand recognition. Still small enough to build true relationships with SMDs/Partners and learn from some of the best/most respected senior bankers on Wall St. Pays better than the big banks.

Cons

Typical i-banking lifestyle if not worse (because senior people count on you more). Minimum training and HR practice (although improving). Not as recognizable outside of the finance community.

Advice to Management

Need to invest more into your jr. people, especially associates to help them grow.

reviews filtered by
  1. Operations

Current Employee - Operations Associate in Los Angeles, CA (US)
    Current Employee - Operations Associate in Los Angeles, CA (US)

I have been working at Evercore Partners full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Boutique investment bank located in NYC with other divisions located in San Francisco, Los Angeles, Washington DC with a great reputation in the investment banking world.

Cons

I'm not sure of how the promoting works in NYC, but the branch offices don't offer any room for promotion.

Fast pace and intense environment with a lot of late nights, but overall a great experience

Former Employee - Financial Analyst in New York, NY (US)
    Former Employee - Financial Analyst in New York, NY (US)

I worked at Evercore Partners

Pros

Great mentors, high level exposure to senior management, active participation encouraged, working in teams, ability to take on additional responsibility above your current level, incredible learning environment

Cons

Late hours, stressful deadlines, some senior level employees aren't always considerate, always need to be responsive on your mobile device and be prepared to cancel prior engagements for last minute fire drills, 5 pm Friday staffing assignments, 6-7 day a week work schedule

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work