There are newer employer reviews for Expedia

Lots of Re-Organizations and Turnover

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Bellevue, WA (US)
Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Bellevue, WA (US)

I worked at Expedia full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Vacation benefits, medical, relaxed environment. The employees are friendly and have varied backgrounds.

Cons

From my experience it can be difficult to work for Expedia and not feel like a guest rather than an employee. Turnover seems to be massive at this company and a lot of people seem to leave at about the two-year mark. There are frequent senior leadership changes which causes attrition in the ranks. New leaders often end up re-organizing entire groups which forces some people out of
work. You can be very happy and well-suited to the job you were hired for and then suddenly come to work one day to find that you are on a new team with a different manager. This new team may have different expectations and work which you are not as suited for. I'd already been through a few re-orgs and then one day I came to work to find HR giving a few of us our walking papers due to yet another impending re-organization. They didn't give us the option of looking for other jobs internally, they simply took our badges and walked us out of the building which was very cold, in my opinion.

I've worked for many large companies and can honestly say that there are more re-organizations
and employee turnover at Expedia than i've ever seen. I understand that re-orgs are a part of corporate life, but this was ridiculous. Be aware of this for anyone re-locating from a long distance to join this company.

Advice to Management

Compensate employees fairly so they do not turnover so often. Also, limit re-organizations which causes attrition. Some managers need to learn to keep work-life balance in check and also treat subordinates with respect and limit yelling or condescending behavior.

reviews filtered by

It's a good, fast-moving technology company

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Bellevue, WA (US)
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Bellevue, WA (US)

I have been working at Expedia full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Expedia is a good place to work. There are lots of bright people working hard to bring the best travel experience possible to our customers.

Cons

Expedia is going through some growing pains; things that worked as a startup need to be refactored when you get big.

You may make up a soft bed, but still it will be hard to sleep in

Former Contractor - Anonymous Contractor
    Former Contractor - Anonymous Contractor

I worked at Expedia as a contractor (less than a year)

Pros

Welcome---An Iron Fist In A Velvet Glove.

Cons

Personal subjective attitude is more important than company interest..

Advice to Management

Do not recruit malevolent furious ladies.

There are newer employer reviews for Expedia