There are newer employer reviews for Experian

Average pay, political environment, no room for growth

Former Employee - Systems Analyst  in  Schaumburg, IL (US)
Former Employee - Systems Analyst in Schaumburg, IL (US)

I worked at Experian full-time for more than a year

Pros

The front-line managers care and protected the team as much as they could.

Cons

January rings in a new year and a new sense of doom for employees fearing for their jobs. Front-level management cares a little too much and protects the team in an unhealthy manner.

Fat could be trimmed to make a team run well, but usually isn't. When folks are cut, they are measured from a political perspective (tenure, friends/ties, etc.) and not what they can provide or do for the company.

No career development. Teams are built in a very flat manner, which gives team members little room for advancement. Even if you execute your job wonderfully, there is little opportunity for you to advance since there's a strong feeling that choices for promotions/advancement are done from a political more than pragmatic perspective.

Senior management feels dishonest and when they speak to you, it feels like they're trying to sell you a used car (and not a good one). Often times, when there are layoffs, executive speeches are contrived, insincere, and leave you feeling like they were just trying to keep rats from fleeing a sinking ship. I cannot blame them for managing the company with a cost-cutting strategy, but I always appreciate honesty so I can evaluate my career options.

Create career paths for employees to keep them engaged and cultivate a sense of personal growth. Have reviews more often to give feedback that is helpful and properly reflective of any raises given. If an employee is told that they are doing a great job and they receive significantly less than the cost of living as an adjustment, they should not be surprised.

262 Other Employee Reviews for Experian (View Most Recent)

Young team, nice management, poor salary and career development is slow.

Current Employee - Analyst  in  Sofia (Bulgaria)
    Current Employee - Analyst in Sofia (Bulgaria)

I have been working at Experian full-time for less than a year

Pros

Good atmosphere, learn international operations.

Cons

Poor salary, no career opportunities

In my experience

Current Employee - Project Consultant  in  Schaumburg, IL (US)
    Current Employee - Project Consultant in Schaumburg, IL (US)

I have been working at Experian full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Great Benefits
    Great people to work for/with

Cons

Low in salary compensation
    Their marketing dept is not doing so well, so layoffs are constantly happening

There are newer employer reviews for Experian

Worked for Experian? Contribute to the Community!