Experian

www.experiangroup.com

Great on Stock Market - Regular type of Company for Employees

Director (Current Employee) Sherman, TX (US)

ProsFairly good compensation. Good Benefits. Schedule flexibility when needed. I've crossed paths with a lot of really good, hard-working employees. There are some AMAZINGLY intelligent people that work in the analytics divisions of the company....almost scary intelligent! : ) As a large corporation, it's much like any other in my opinion. Not great, not bad. Like any other job, it's pretty much what the employee chooses to make of it.

Experian is a cash-producing machine....that is its reason for existence...this is great for stock holders and might be great for employees who can stick around and get an annual bonus.

ConsOnly been with Experian for 2 years. Already had one major round of layoffs in my sub-business, another is on its way, and a reorganization is also about to occur. All these educational and related benefits are touted as available, but if your unit didn't budget for whatever reason - none for you. Short term cash generation seems to rule over any type of long-term planning for cash generation and value. Not hitting short-term goals (i.e. EBIT for FY 2013) causes extreme cost cutting measures ensue.

Advice to Senior ManagementStop with the catchy nonsensical programs such as "The Employee Deal," "The Heart of Experian," and such. Just tell us in a transparent fashion what we need to know and don't try to dress it up with Sesame Street type themes.

Good place to work

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Costa Mesa, CA (US)

I have been working at Experian full-time for more than 10 years

Pros: Large company, many opportunities for lateral moves; some opportunities for… Cons: Has offshored many jobs, although lately has been staffing up… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Marketing Services going downhill

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Schaumburg, IL (US)

I have been working at Experian full-time for more than 10 years

Pros: Used to be a good work/life balance, but now if… Cons: Employees are resistant to change. Advice to Senior Management: Local sr management is only concerned with money, not with… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More
There are newer reviews on Experian.

Worked for Experian? Contribute to the Community!