Exxon Mobil

Great opportunities, high expectations

Supervisor (Current Employee)
Houston, TX (US)

I have been working at Exxon Mobil

ProsGreat opportunities, both international and domestic. It is truly a global organization; no matter what your interests or abilities, there will be some place in the organization that is a fit. Because of the global scope of activities, there is an opportunity to gain exposure to an incredibly wide range of technologies and operations. Oh, and the compensation and benefits are outstanding.

ConsThe internal processes and controls can sometimes become overwhelming/frustrating (however, there are usually good reasons for most of them!). Because the organization is so very large, it can be difficult to identify who the right individuals are to address an issue or problem. And there is no internal "job postings" board; moves are worked between the employee and their supervisor.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep the focus on the fundamentals, but don't forget to reward and recognize individuals for a job well done - and be careful not to overload the staff.

The Best Company to work for.....come stay and retire here.

Electrical Maintenance Technician-Level 7 (Current Employee)
Torrance, CA (US)

I have been working at Exxon Mobil

Pros: Pay and benefit are one of the best, 401k and/plus pension plan. Work is not back breaking, very relax, no pressure. Fun to work. Lots of overtime. Management care… Cons: I started working when I was 15 years old for a lot of small and big companies and I CAN NOT THINK… Advice to Senior Management: Keep up the good and excellent work and I'll do… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

Welcome to the good life

Financial Analyst (Current Employee)
Houston, TX (US)

I have been working at Exxon Mobil

Pros: the long term strategy for exxon has provided continual growth opportunities for employees. The benefits package is the best I have ever seen and the… Cons: very conservative company that lacks innovation. The company is… Advice to Senior Management: keep on truckin Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

There are newer reviews on Exxon Mobil.

Worked for Exxon Mobil? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Exxon Mobil reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Exxon Mobil CEO Rex W. Tillerson. All reviews posted anonymously by Exxon Mobil employees.