There are newer employer reviews for ExxonMobil

Great Interniship Experience

Former Employee - Intern
Former Employee - Intern

I worked at ExxonMobil

Pros

Safety is number one priority

Cons

Very large company so one easily gets lost in the crowd

Advice to Management

Expand recruitment efforts..

reviews filtered by
  1. Different assignments and sufficient training provided have polished me to become a good mid-career professional

Former Employee - Reservoir Engineer in Kuala Lumpur (Malaysia)
    Former Employee - Reservoir Engineer in Kuala Lumpur (Malaysia)

I worked at ExxonMobil

Pros

Force-ranking is good to ensure employee stay competitive and motivated to advance in their professional career
    Excellent training as part of career milestone and being tracked by senior mgmt
    Rewarding career for those with 'high potential' recognized in the first 1-3 years

Cons

Salary not competitive - inclusive in-kind-benefit
    Most outdated medical coverage - outpatient treated based on RMxx max paid by insurance is ridiculous
    Oversea assignment is denied for young professional for an excuse that internal current project need people

Advice to Management

Provide good reward (golden shares) not only to top 5%, many technical professional who equally performed wel deserve to be given stock options.

2. One of best places to work, with the worst co-workers.

Former Employee - Server Administrator in Curitiba (Brazil)
    Former Employee - Server Administrator in Curitiba (Brazil)

I worked at ExxonMobil

Pros

Allow you to have a great "international" experience, working with people from around the world.
    Many training opportunities, allow you to increase the knowledge in the area that you are working.

Cons

Growing in the company in based on how many year you work there (and not based on your competence), that means that the company has many unqualified managers, that never leaves the company and will make your life hard.

Advice to Management

Time to evaluate people competence, and not based on loyalty (most of the employees have many years of house, not because they are good, but because ExxonMobil have the "never fire somebody" policy).

There are newer employer reviews for ExxonMobil