There are newer employer reviews for ExxonMobil

Stable company to work in..

Current Employee - Engineer in Singapore (Singapore)
Current Employee - Engineer in Singapore (Singapore)

I have been working at ExxonMobil

Pros

Stable job and good potential career growth. in the company. Generally pays better than other industry. Promotes work life balance.

Cons

Every employee is ranked, which can be quite biased, depending on whether your boss favours you or not.. boring, mundane job, not much of a challenge.

Advice to Management

more overseas postings, instead of being stucked in the same work environment forever.

reviews filtered by
  1. The TM Job

Former Employee - Territory Manager
    Former Employee - Territory Manager

I worked at ExxonMobil

Pros

Great Experience, flexible schedule, awesome exposure to managing variety of people.

Cons

Very subjective ranking and rating job performance. It is not all numbers/result based, what your boss say about you during the ranking and rating session means more than what your Scorecard shows. If you have a boss who doesnt like you. Kiss your promotion and raise goodbye.

Advice to Management

Try to uniform the training process. Sending TMs to different areas of the country mean if they are lucky they will get a OM or a market that will train them well. If not, they will have to start slow or learn about their job when they actually have a full territory. It is not fair to many TMs.

2. Depressing place and constant lay-offs of Americans due to off-shoring, across ExxonMobil Corp

Former Employee - Systems Analyst in Houston, TX (US)
    Former Employee - Systems Analyst in Houston, TX (US)

I worked at ExxonMobil

Pros

Corporation is profitable, provides some stability
    401K plan at 6% match
    Old-fashionned pension plan
    People who work there- intelligent and professional

Cons

Medical insurance very expensive
    Annual ranking systems of employees by local management with no pre-set standards, so you never know how you will be judged nor by what standards. No management by objectives. Ranking system is very political.
    Constant lay-offs since 2002, mainly aimed at Americans

Advice to Management

Show more appreciation for rank and file. The golden top 10% couldn't run the company or get any work done without them.