FTI Consulting
www.fticonsulting.com Annapolis, MD 1000 to 5000 Employees

It was a great place to learn, for a while

Director (Former Employee)
Boston, MA (US)

I worked at FTI Consulting full-time for more than 5 years

ProsAs a member of the Strategic Communications practice, I got to interact with and advise the executive leadership of public companies, which was a phenomenal experience. I learned a lot about what motivates corporate decisions, and the advantages/drawbacks/pitfalls of being a CEO. I also learned the value of good communication in any business.

ConsThe company is very large and operates like most large companies. You have to create your own path, there's very little in the way of mentorship or career development in FTI. I was a high-performing employee on the radar's of most managers, and it didn't make a difference. It was frustrating to be surrounded by so many talented individuals and not be able to learn as much from them as they wanted. Also, the pace of change within the organization was glacial.

Advice to Senior ManagementHire a true change management firm to come in and develop a strategy by which to align employees around corporate objectives. "Every business development strategy" is not a viable business strategy, and people simply weren't incentivized enough to accomplish what you asked of them. It also alienates younger talent. FTI must decide if they view their people as a means of replaceable production, or competitive sustainability.

Great Place to Be

Director of Business Development (Current Employee)
Chicago, IL (US)

I have been working at FTI Consulting full-time for less than a year

Pros: Forward thinking, recognize employee talents and use them in the most… Cons: None come to mind for me. Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Room for improvement

I have been working at FTI Consulting full-time for more than a year

Pros: Good company reputation among industry peers. Cons: VERY political. Training programs are extremely poor. Advice to Senior Management: Implement ways to TRAIN your staff. No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

There are newer reviews on FTI Consulting.

Worked for FTI Consulting? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at FTI Consulting reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for FTI Consulting CEO Jack B. Dunn IV. All reviews posted anonymously by FTI Consulting employees.