There are newer employer reviews for Facebook

Excellent, fun, productive, stressful

Former Intern - Software Engineer in Menlo Park, CA (US)
Former Intern - Software Engineer in Menlo Park, CA (US)

I worked at Facebook as an intern (less than a year)

Pros

It's a young and energetic company. Teams always switch seats so there's a high chance you can sit a few feet away from Zuckerberg and Sandberg and these famous people. The motto is to move fast and stay focused. Work can be stressful, but if you're in a good team like Mobile, there're plenty of opportunities to do fun stuff on beaches or zoos or...

Cons

Work can be stressful. Everyone works really hard. The company is getting bigger nowadays so you have less and less ownership of a certain product. Gender ratio is really bad.

Advice to Management

Hire fewer interns because some of them don't get work.

reviews filtered by

Amazing.

Current Employee - Intern in Washington, DC (US)
    Current Employee - Intern in Washington, DC (US)

I have been working at Facebook part-time (less than a year)

Pros

Great culture, people are thrilled to be there and that's infectious. The various perks don't hurt and you will constantly feel pushed to do your best.

Cons

Busy environment- understaffed in some key areas so it can be occasionally difficult to move forward with any work.

2. It feels more like home than a job

Current Employee - Software Engineer in Menlo Park, CA (US)
    Current Employee - Software Engineer in Menlo Park, CA (US)

I have been working at Facebook full-time (less than a year)

Pros

- The ratio of employees to customers is still large enough that everything you do has impact
    - Employees are trusted with working on what's important without the need for constant overview
    - Everyone is smart, but rarely feel the need to prove it.
    - The amenities allow us to focus on our work, and also make us feel valued. Plus not having to go grocery shopping in eight months has been nice.
    - The campus really does feel like a home. This is the first job I've had where I really am glad to head into work and actually get disappointed when I see how quickly the day goes by.
    - The managers are very technical capable, and know when to manage and when to step back.

Cons

- The size of the company makes communication a little harder, and it's more difficult to get to know people who you don't normally work with.
    - Conversely, there aren't enough employees to have people working on whatever pet project they want. The work they do has to have as much impact as possible (but the hackathons are a good chance to work on those pet projects for a bit)
    - Too much beer

Advice to Management

Facebook is a great place to work because it feels more like a group of capable engineers all trying to build a project together, rather than a hierarchy of workers. As the company grows it is important to use that as an opportunity to do more exciting projects instead of having more people work on the same projects.

There are newer employer reviews for Facebook