Retail with printing services...

Current Employee - Assistant Manager  in  Chesapeake, VA (US)
Current Employee - Assistant Manager in Chesapeake, VA (US)

I have been working at FedEx Office full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

-Health insurance
Having the ability of learning how to produce digital projects using Adobe software.
The accomplished feeling when you genuinely help a customer in need.

Cons

Staffing, this company can't keep talent employed because we can't pay them enough for what is expected of them to do. Being stretched to thin while still having the expectation of management to provide the "best" customer service. Learning curve for new hires is far to great.

Get rid of "product of the month". Forcing employees to "sell sell sell" makes for some awkward interactions with customers. We can never match the prowess of Staples or Office Max's retail sections. We need to get back to our core business which is printing. Also stop wasting money by enforcing us to do a "clean and bright" but months done the road completely change it by the "clean sweep". We've wasted payroll dollars by having us change the labels and the cost of label holders needed to do said changes. Most people still don't realize that we were once Kinkos and that we have all the same services plus more. People just don't understand what FedEx Office is, they think it is literally a FedEx office call center for all things FedEx.

Other Reviews for FedEx Office

A good job to have while in college.

Former Employee - Production Coordinator  in  Lexington-Fayette, KY (US)
    Former Employee - Production Coordinator in Lexington-Fayette, KY (US)

I worked at FedEx Office full-time for more than a year

Pros

FedEx offers tuition reimbursement up to a certain amount, and also is flexible about scheduling and willing to work with you regarding school schedules and things of the sort.

Cons

Unless you want to go into management, there really aren't very many advancement opportunities. All promotions are relatively small, equating to a dollar per hour raise.

It would be beneficial to the company to provide greater incentive for selling the "product of the month". 5 dollars for selling 5 reams of paper isn't exactly the best motivator.

Not enough pay for what you have to put up with...

Former Employee - Customer Service Coordinator  in  Centerville, OH (US)
    Former Employee - Customer Service Coordinator in Centerville, OH (US)

I worked at FedEx Office full-time for more than a year

Pros

A lot of benefits, a decent shipping discount, always accommodated the hours I needed when I was taking classes

Cons

Pay isn't horrible, but it isn't enough for having to deal with the customers that are just plain mean. Training is just computer based training, and the PPA software you have to use is complicated.

There are newer employer reviews for FedEx Office.

Worked for FedEx Office? Contribute to the Community!