First Financial Bankshares

www.ffin.com
  www.ffin.com
There are newer employer reviews for First Financial Bankshares

Job went from good to worse with change in management.

Former Employee - Assistant Vice President
Former Employee - Assistant Vice President

I worked at First Financial Bankshares

Pros

Regular workday hours with little required overtime.

Cons

Upper management is biased towards male employees. Communication from top down is terrible

8 Other Employee Reviews for First Financial Bankshares (View Most Recent)

I have had a great experience working for this company and recommend it to friends regularly.

Current Employee - Personal Banker in Abilene, TX (US)
    Current Employee - Personal Banker in Abilene, TX (US)

I have been working at First Financial Bankshares full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Promotions are not necessarily easy to come by, but if you live where their headquarters are (in Abilene, TX), there is at least a lot of room to try many different types of jobs and see what position best fits you.

Cons

Pay is low (at least in Abilene, TX) and once you're hired it kind of feels like every move is a lateral move unless you can manage to get the title of "Vice President" of something.

The best company I will have ever worked for

I worked at First Financial Bankshares part-time (more than an year)

Pros

The culture of this company is amazing. The bottom line is that they care. They care about their employees, their customers, and their community. I believe that First Financial will always stand out as my favorite place to work. They value education of their employees, and they truly want to help you succeed. Their systems are very organized and structured, which helps with seeing results quickly. The company also works very hard to be the best at the services they provide.

Cons

The career path is limited, unless you live in Abilene where the headquarters is located. Even then, the cost of living is inexpensive, and the pay reflects that.

There are newer employer reviews for First Financial Bankshares