First Niagara Financial

www.firstniagara.com

Up and Down

Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) Albany, NY (US)

ProsGreat coworkers. At one time, our department had their own corporate culture, and it was fantastic. Advancement within your own area is extremely possible, despite what others say here.

ConsSigh... well, having lived through the HSBC conversion and coming out (mostly) intact: the micromanagement of employees, the fact that we were outright told to LIE to customers, the policies that are broken one minute and enforced the next... all very horrible.

Additionally, the bank has begun using a temp agency to fill certain positions, leading to training groups of twenty that have no idea what to do, and that can easily dispose of half themselves within a months time.

Also? The pay is not nearly enough.

Advice to Senior ManagementTry actually evaluating the quality of the people you hire instead of just mass hiring. It might help. Also, before promoting people, see how they do with employee engagement.

IT: Nice People, Clueless Management

Software Developer (Former Employee) Buffalo, NY (US)

I worked at First Niagara Financial full-time for more than a year

Pros: IT is young and vibrant at FNFG. The people are friendly and supportive. Times are tight for… Cons: The other side of the "young and vibrant" coin is their inexperience. For an enterprise IT environment, it's still a pretty small organization and… Advice to Senior Management: Slow down growing the org chart, and focus on the people you already have. Say "no" to the… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

Chatham mgment is the worst

Teller (Current Employee) Chatham, NY (US)

I have been working at First Niagara Financial full-time for more than a year

Pros: The training is great,learned much about the banking industry,met some… Cons: Management at local branch was opposite of the rest of company. Seemed to believe her job was to… Advice to Senior Management: STOP. Look at what you have before you start on your next conquest. You… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on First Niagara Financial.

Worked for First Niagara Financial? Contribute to the Community!