There are newer employer reviews for Flextronics

Wants to have good customer service, but doesn't understand how

I worked at Flextronics

Pros

Appears to want to improve customer service, Great lower management

Cons

Higher management is very detached, You hear a lot of text-book phrases about improvement and customer service but you quickly realize they are reading from a book and don't understand the underlying principles and qualities that lead to great customer service. Day 1 of training includes a slideshow that says "We are NOT legally required to give you breaks, but we do." That, in itself, shows that they are more concerned with setting the stage for removing breaks than they are with understanding why breaks are important for morale.

Get more in touch with lower levels of employment, understand their daily journey and needs, and higher someone who truly understands the spirit of great customer service and employee relations, not someone who reads from customer service books and uses a lot of clip art.

469 Other Employee Reviews for Flextronics (View Most Recent)

Quality Engineer

Former Employee - Supplier Quality Engineer in Plano, TX (US)
    Former Employee - Supplier Quality Engineer in Plano, TX (US)

I worked at Flextronics full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Compensation and benefits are very good. I liked the people I worked with.

Cons

Layoffs every other quarter. No job security. Distance from my house to Flextronics was 90 miles round trip.

Don't hire someone full-time and then lay them off 6 months to a year later.

Terrible top management and strong politics

Current Employee - Officer, OM in Perai (Malaysia)
    Current Employee - Officer, OM in Perai (Malaysia)

I have been working at Flextronics full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Very challenging working environment; get to know people from diverse backgrounds and countries

Cons

Work life imbalance as bosses expect us to stand by 7/24. Besides, superiors will throw his/her jobs to you and never guide you (reason: they are too busy). Bosses will not listen to your concern, their just selfish. Very strong politics, all the bosses side their people even though is their mistake, and they will try to point their fingers to other departments. Terrible top management as they just expect the result without considering the process. Furthermore, bad temper's managers, will only show good faces to their bosses.

Kindly show respect to your employees, fight for your subordinates as they are the one who work for you!

There are newer employer reviews for Flextronics