Flextronics

www.flextronics.com
  www.flextronics.com
There are newer employer reviews for Flextronics

Former mechanical design engineer

Former Employee - Mechanical Design Engineer in Plano, TX (US)
Former Employee - Mechanical Design Engineer in Plano, TX (US)

I worked at Flextronics as a contractor (less than an year)

Pros

The variety is good. Pay is decent, and the onsite equipment is top notch. Location is convenient to downtown plano.

Cons

Like other reviewers mention, extremely lacking in direction, no feedback, political, and frequent layoffs. I was a contractor their, and this was communicated not only with management but in the attitudes of the regular employees as well. When I interviewed with them, they talked a good game, but don't believe the hype. I came down from my home of indianapolis on a 9 month contract to plano, texas, got laid off three months later. I was told that I was not picking up on things fast enough, but was not provided any specifics. This was while:
1) None of my projects were behind
2) No complaints from customers of the company
3) The regular employees felt a need to micro manage me and then bash me over the head in the form of copying a supervisor when I did something wrong. This only happened a few times, but you get my drift.
4) I never got angry and if I did do something wrong, I would relate the information to my team as I understood it, so I could be corrected. But beware, they will use this against you, because they are political like that.

Frequent layoffs creates an environment of fear, and when you cultivate fear instead of collaboration, you breed an army of automaton robots(employees) who are not innovative. It is also extremely unprofessional and inhumane to bring somebody down from a remote location, with a secure job only to lay them off three months later. While I understand the nature of contract work, people are not machines either. I should have thought of this though when the hiring manager for my position asked my recruiter if he had any good commodities on hand.

490 Other Employee Reviews for Flextronics (View Most Recent)

Quality Engineer

Former Employee - Supplier Quality Engineer in Plano, TX (US)
    Former Employee - Supplier Quality Engineer in Plano, TX (US)

I worked at Flextronics full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Compensation and benefits are very good. I liked the people I worked with.

Cons

Layoffs every other quarter. No job security. Distance from my house to Flextronics was 90 miles round trip.

Don't hire someone full-time and then lay them off 6 months to a year later.

Terrible top management and strong politics

Current Employee - Officer, OM in Perai (Malaysia)
    Current Employee - Officer, OM in Perai (Malaysia)

I have been working at Flextronics full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Very challenging working environment; get to know people from diverse backgrounds and countries

Cons

Work life imbalance as bosses expect us to stand by 7/24. Besides, superiors will throw his/her jobs to you and never guide you (reason: they are too busy). Bosses will not listen to your concern, their just selfish. Very strong politics, all the bosses side their people even though is their mistake, and they will try to point their fingers to other departments. Terrible top management as they just expect the result without considering the process. Furthermore, bad temper's managers, will only show good faces to their bosses.

Kindly show respect to your employees, fight for your subordinates as they are the one who work for you!

There are newer employer reviews for Flextronics