Flextronics
www.flextronics.com Singapore 5000+ Employees

Very poor company

Customer Service Technician (Current Employee)
Atlanta, GA (US)

I have been working at Flextronics full-time for more than a year

ProsUsually flexible schedule
Exposure to new mobile devices.

ConsThe management of the the RTS division is pitiful. I often wondered just how these people got their jobs.

The new hire training was a joke. The on-site training was full of drama and personal intrigue. There is no support from mid or upper management. If you follow policy, you are wrong. If you do not follow policy, you are wrong.

The company mantra is "Assign blame at all costs but, don't actually fix a problem."

Don't hope for a promotion unless you are a buddy of the person doing the promoting.

Raises are non-existant. Management has no idea of how to motivate, reward, or inspire.

Advice to Senior ManagementAt this point I would say clean house and start over. The problems are rooted so deep I see little hope to improve with current leadership and culture.

Fortunately I am moving on and have been hired by a company that is always in the top ten companies to work for.

Good riddance.

Former mechanical design engineer

Mechanical Design Engineer (Former Employee)
Plano, TX (US)

I worked at Flextronics as a contractor for less than a year

Pros: The variety is good. Pay is decent, and the onsite… Cons: Like other reviewers mention, extremely lacking in direction, no feedback, political, and frequent layoffs. I was a contractor their, and this was communicated not only… Advice to Senior Management: Frequent layoffs creates an environment of fear, and when you cultivate fear instead of collaboration, you breed an army of automaton robots(employees) who are not… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

Terrible top management and strong politics

Officer, OM (Current Employee)
Perai (Malaysia)

I have been working at Flextronics full-time for more than a year

Pros: Very challenging working environment; get to know people from… Cons: Work life imbalance as bosses expect us to stand by 7/24. Besides, superiors will throw his/her jobs to you and never guide you (reason: they… Advice to Senior Management: Kindly show respect to your employees, fight for your subordinates… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

There are newer reviews on Flextronics.

Worked for Flextronics? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Flextronics reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Flextronics CEO Mike McNamara. All reviews posted anonymously by Flextronics employees.