There are newer employer reviews for Forever 21

Good company for advancement but poor organization and structure overall

Current Employee - Assistant Store Manager  in  Palmdale, PA (US)
Current Employee - Assistant Store Manager in Palmdale, PA (US)

I have been working at Forever 21 full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

The relationships you make with colleagues is memorable. Fashion becomes 2nd nature as your get the first look in new trends.

Cons

No appreciation from company(Supervisors, DM, RM). Poor discount.

Always encourage and push people to be at their best, not comment on who they are for making minor mistakes. Actually take the time to use coaching methods. There is a difference between teling and asking but still reinforcing what needs to be accomplished.

1355 Other Employee Reviews for Forever 21 (View Most Recent)

Feels more like a service than selling atmosphere.

Current Employee - Sales Associate  in  San Antonio, TX (US)
    Current Employee - Sales Associate in San Antonio, TX (US)

I have been working at Forever 21 part-time for less than a year

Pros

I enjoy my co-workers and hours given.

Cons

Crappy discount
    Shorts breaks when working 10 hours
    Store policy is smart but bad for consumers when Rey lose out on there hard earn money then having to spend it at forever21.
    My store was dirty not clean at all.
    Management team plays favoritism.

Encourage us at all time, especially when we are busy an feel like are arms abou to fall off, cut us some slack when we are in a new room. Also train the associates more some feel like they are a fish out of water.

Great at start for First Job, Then gets worse.

Current Employee - Sales Associate  in  Danbury, CT (US)
    Current Employee - Sales Associate in Danbury, CT (US)

I have been working at Forever 21 part-time for more than a year

Pros

Everyone that usually works here is new or it is their first job so you meet a lot of cool people and personally I met a lot of nice people. If you were not originally involved in fashion, this really opens the doors for you and gets you into it mainly because its highly expected to be fashionable.

Cons

- Consistent Drama
    - Immature and Childish Managers.
    - Work more than you ever should, i.e Start 3 pm and work till 3am on a night that is not busy.
    - No respect for employees.
    - Don't care if you have school or any other important things you need to take care of.
    - Treated badly just for doing something wrong or not the right way.
    - Anyone above Sales Associate judges the ones underneith them.
    - Can obviously tell that there is a line between the Sales Associates and the ones above them.
    - Favoritism and Inappropriate treatment towards other sales associates.

There has also been a few times where a person will join as a Sales Associate and a few managers will do whatever it takes to get rid of them. Writing them up as much as possible.

Managers will talk behind your back, talk badly about you and make up things or over-exaggerate details just to make things worse and make you look worse.

Manage your Staff better.
    Manage your Time Better.
    Keep the drama outside of the work place.
    Hire people who can get the job done, not just stand and talk.
    Work with the Staff, don't just stand and point.
    Just because you are higher than a sales associate doesn't mean you should treat them like nothing. Have a little respect.
    Less Talking about your personal life, more working.
    Don't pick favorites, treat everyone the same. If someone isn't working hard enough or you are judging them, don't talk to others about how you don't like them and make fun of them. Have respect.
    Don't complain about how much your life sucks. Stay positive and work. Like I said above, keep your personal life out of the business.

There are newer employer reviews for Forever 21

Worked for Forever 21? Contribute to the Community!