GE Oil & Gas

www.geoilandgas.com
  www.geoilandgas.com
There are newer employer reviews for GE Oil & Gas

Proud to be employed by one of the worlds most renowned Companies, its a great place

Current Employee - Project Manager in Aberdeen, Scotland
Current Employee - Project Manager in Aberdeen, Scotland

I have been working at GE Oil & Gas

Pros

Great people, nice environment, decent remuneration and opportunity to climb. I get great feedback and a lot of leeway from my manager and support and recognition from senior management. The rewards and recognition system is so easy to use to reward your own team. They provide a sport facility.

Cons

Integrity and Compliance is an obsession, its stifling, overly bureaucratic (am I really going to win a contract by giving a customer a calendar or taking him to dinner?). Too many GE wide messages overload your inbox, functional organisation is chaotic - functions work against eachother, sometimes I wonder how we make $/£. Workflows for everything and have you tried claiming expenses

Functional managers need to be more accountable for margin leak and their own issues, PMs cant fix it all.

129 Other Employee Reviews for GE Oil & Gas (View Most Recent)

Politics & short term gains that lead to long term losses!

Current Employee - Co coordinator
    Current Employee - Co coordinator

I have been working at GE Oil & Gas

Pros

Fast paced, energetic, benefits, looks good on your CV

Cons

politics, inexperienced mangers, long hours, penny pinching, short term views, more concerned about the share price than anything else!

Know the job before you try and manage the team!

Project Engineer

Former Employee - Technical Leader in Kansas City, MO (US)
    Former Employee - Technical Leader in Kansas City, MO (US)

I worked at GE Oil & Gas full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

Plenty of opportunity for growth within company or across businesses. Excellent benefits. Promotes personal growth through training and tuition reimbursement. Though business segment was sold, GE still mandated benefit levels for at least first year.

Cons

There were numerous accounts of individuals who would not recognize cost savings or design change benefits unless it was their idea. Not a terrible thing since they would wait about twelve months and submit idea for large monetary bonus.

Just because someone doesn't have a degree, don't overlook the talent.

There are newer employer reviews for GE Oil & Gas