GE Oil & Gas

www.geoilandgas.com

Proud to be employed by one of the worlds most renowned Companies, its a great place

Current Employee - Project Manager  in  Aberdeen, Scotland
Current Employee - Project Manager in Aberdeen, Scotland

Pros

Great people, nice environment, decent remuneration and opportunity to climb. I get great feedback and a lot of leeway from my manager and support and recognition from senior management. The rewards and recognition system is so easy to use to reward your own team. They provide a sport facility.

Cons

Integrity and Compliance is an obsession, its stifling, overly bureaucratic (am I really going to win a contract by giving a customer a calendar or taking him to dinner?). Too many GE wide messages overload your inbox, functional organisation is chaotic - functions work against eachother, sometimes I wonder how we make $/£. Workflows for everything and have you tried claiming expenses

Functional managers need to be more accountable for margin leak and their own issues, PMs cant fix it all.

Other reviews for GE Oil & Gas

Politics & short term gains that lead to long term losses!

Current Employee - Co coordinator
    Current Employee - Co coordinator

Pros

Fast paced, energetic, benefits, looks good on your CV

Cons

politics, inexperienced mangers, long hours, penny pinching, short term views, more concerned about the share price than anything else!

Know the job before you try and manage the team!

Pretty Good.

Former Employee - ITLP Intern  in  Houston, TX (US)
    Former Employee - ITLP Intern in Houston, TX (US)

Pros

Lots of emphasis on leadership growth, very easy to contact anyone in any of the GE businesses. I did not contact the CEO, but was able to interact quite a bit with the CIO & CTO of the company, everyone that worked there was very nice.

Cons

The pay felt low for an Oil & Gas position

There are newer employer reviews for GE Oil & Gas.

Worked for GE Oil & Gas? Contribute to the Community!