GE

www.ge.com
  www.ge.com
There are newer employer reviews for GE

Great, nobody can regret working in a dream

I have been working at GE

Pros

Fantastic enthusiastic world place where you can learn a lot if you're self motivated and there are a lot of opportunity over the world

Cons

Sometimes seems a really dispersive environment... look like the best place but there are problem of comunication between department , from where you can have a sense of alienation

2606 Other Employee Reviews for GE (View Most Recent)

Large firm that stimulates learning

Former Employee - Field Service Engineer in West Mifflin, PA (US)
    Former Employee - Field Service Engineer in West Mifflin, PA (US)

I worked at GE full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

GE is a larger company that has a lot of resources and is not ever really hurting for money. Because of that it is very easy to get help and to try new things.

Cons

In my area there is a very strict advancement schedule which was a big factor in my resignation. It is a big company and you are often feel lost. There were times that I felt like employees were not valued much.

Have a little more focus on your own human capital. They are very important to your success.

Ability to pursue many different career opportunities, but at a cost

I have been working at GE full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

values, integrity program is real, process and systems - really tries to "get it right" even if it takes time
    Fantastic tradition of talent - great VPs in our division (O&G)

Cons

bureaucracy - there are models folks follow which while required to manage such a large company, limit individuality.
    CEO has had too many different initiatives in last 10 yrs poor investments and some very expensive acquistions that have not panned out - look at stock price 1/3 of level in 2000...almost all comparable industrial companies have exceeded their 2000 peak by now

look for richness of experiences in talent vs. just administering the processes or powerpoint skills. Conduct more "360's" so you can see how folks are performing for their customers, peers and employees.

There are newer employer reviews for GE