There are newer employer reviews for GEICO

Work with Great People...not much movement if you are "older"

Current Employee - Sales Representative in Virginia Beach, VA (US)
Current Employee - Sales Representative in Virginia Beach, VA (US)

I have been working at GEICO full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Great benefits, love my co-workers

Cons

Top performer and they still find ways to not give me my promotions...younger associates get promoted in shorter time frames and average performance

think out of the box

857 Other Employee Reviews for GEICO (View Most Recent)

Great company, good benefits, high expectations.

Former Employee - Claims Service Representative in Dallas, TX (US)
    Former Employee - Claims Service Representative in Dallas, TX (US)

I worked at GEICO full-time (more than an year)

Pros

I worked in the Dallas office, so I can only speak on behalf of that particular region. GEICO is a successful company, I'm sure you've seen the commercials on TV, heard them on the radio, and if you're reading reviews about it you'll probably start seeing ads pop up in your web browser. GEICO provides really good benefits to its associates, some of them were about as comparable for a civilian job to what I got in the military. The thing I always enjoyed was that the supervisors and management team were always willing to provide help and didn't make you feel like you were bothering them if you had a question. They also do quite a bit to acknowledge accomplishments both individually and as a team. Right as I left the company, the Dallas office did a massive shift realignment to ease some of the workload and make supervisors more available to their respective teams, which I'm sure has had good results.

Cons

I don't know if you can really consider this to be a con, but it's definitely something to keep in mind if you're considering working at GEICO: They have extremely high expectations of their associates. The job I did in CSR is a call center job and you are expected to be available at pretty much all times to answer incoming calls. They seem to have no understanding or tolerance of taking time between calls to finish up what you are working on. You are there to be a worker bee, and that is it. They are going to try to squeeze every ounce of work out of you that they can. Basically, efficiency matters above all else to them. Also, it is sometimes very difficult to get time off. Even if you try to plan 3 or 4 months out, it is sometimes impossible. I know that you can't always expect to get the time off that you want, but in an office with as many people as there are, it shouldn't be that hard.

Not great if you were in the call center.

Former Employee - Insurance Sales in Dallas, TX (US)
    Former Employee - Insurance Sales in Dallas, TX (US)

I worked at GEICO full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

This is related to the call center.
    Good training. You get about three months of training.
    They pay for your GLA license.
    You also get to work multiple states.
    Continuing Education is also paid for, some Insurance Companies make you pay out of pocket.

Cons

Once again related to the Call center.
    Overworked, underpaid at the call center in Dallas.
    Out of the 18 people who I went to basic training with less than half "graduated" to the floor.
    In three years only two of us were left.

Work to make the call center a better environment or the turnover will continue to escalate.

There are newer employer reviews for GEICO