Get paid what your worth as a VAR Account Manager

I have been working at GHA Technologies full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Access to all technology to sell hardware, software, services.
Industry leading GP commissions and bonus plans.
Outside sales and open territory and work from home opportunity.
Empowered to create an account base and win business.
Employee owned company plan in place.
Financial terms and leasing options for clients available.
Long-term Corporate Staff in place Marketing, HR, Accounting to support sales professional.
Highly experienced sales professionals who help me when I ask for their help.
Expenses reimbursed.
Payroll two times a month.

Cons

Must sell to get paid.
Must learn/comply with policy and procedures.
Takes consistent work to successfully build a client base.
Competitive industry.

None for now.

Other Reviews for GHA Technologies

Former account manager

Former Employee - Regional Account Manager
    Former Employee - Regional Account Manager

I worked at GHA Technologies full-time for less than a year

Pros

There are none. Get a real job. You will be broke when you leave. I gave it one star because it was the lowest.

Cons

This job is a waste of time. Most of the new sales reps wash out in the first six months. There are few people making over $100,000, many under $50,000 even people that have been there for a long time. You assume all the risks of running a business. Any bill not paid after 30 days stops commissions. If never paid, you pay it back. Be prepared to work 12 hours a day. There are no benefits here. Insurance is available if you meet quota. I was not aware that any one in our group was able to meet quota or get benefits. They pay your telephone and give you an email. The sales volume of the Company does not mean anything. You are paid a per cent of the profit on the job. This can be 2-3% of the sale goes to the salesman. If you sold $1,000,000, this becomes $20,000. Not many in the Company sell $1,000,000 a year anyways. And prepare to be ridiculed and humiliated for your mistakes as the owner encourages mentors to share their opinions with others via email. Be prepared to use savings to pay your bills because your paychecks will be few. You will get fired at the whim of the owner. You can get hired here easily because you work for free and you cost them nothing. And they even pressure you until you quit or get fired.

GHA Technologies Response

Feb 13, 2013Manager, Corporate Recruiting/HR

Thank you for your input, however, it is relatively innaccurate. Of note:

Approximately 30% of our Sales Professionals exceed $100K in income, with our top Sales Professionals exceeding $300K
    ... More

The Grass IS Greener on the Other Side

I worked at GHA Technologies full-time

Pros

Please refer to the title of the review.

Cons

When I left, the manager told me something along the lines of, "well, the grass may not be greener on the other side". I was appalled on the fact that someone in management would even say this to an employee who was kindly resigning and giving them the proper notice.
    There are better jobs out there: the pay, better environment, and co-workers are happy to assist you! Thank you GHA, the little experience I received let me obtain a job that I absolutely love now!

Think before you speak.

There are newer employer reviews for GHA Technologies.

Worked for GHA Technologies? Contribute to the Community!