Gallup

www.gallup.com
  www.gallup.com
There are newer employer reviews for Gallup

Has changed a lot

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL (US)
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL (US)

I have been working at Gallup full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Self-determination, incredible flexibility about when and where you do your work. Young people just out of grad school are given a lot of responsibility.

Cons

Underpaid for equivalent experience; what have you done for me lately; only expectation is the here-and-now. Sales people count the most and they have very short half lives.

Bring in some consultants to help determine a future for the company. Some strategy would help.

265 Other Employee Reviews for Gallup (View Most Recent)

Don't, Just don't...

Former Employee - Advanced Design and Analytics in Washington, DC (US)
    Former Employee - Advanced Design and Analytics in Washington, DC (US)

I worked at Gallup full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Gallup has some of the best and smartest people you will ever meet..
    Great work parties

Cons

Gallup is a dire place to work.. Dire. They routinely promise new employees the moon and then deliver 2,400 hours a year of creating power point decks. Want to do the job they promised you? Just wait a few months... and then a few more...and then what was it they promised you again? And how can they give you better assignments when you have such a bad attitude as to ask for better assignments? Before I resigned I would have told you I knew maybe 10 people who were really happy at Gallup. When I announced my resignation five of those people told me they were also looking for a job. People are exhausted, terribly unhappy, and afraid they will be fired if they speak openly, or take time off for oh, like Christmas. I have never started a job with such enthusiasm and ended with such disappointment.

Read your own books and follow your own advice. Listen to your employees instead of terrorizing them.

Disappointing

I worked at Gallup full-time

Pros

The people are great. They hire people that have become my lifetime friends.

Cons

Like other reviewers, there is very little focus and direction in terms of company strategy. Its a family business and the leadership lacks experience with growing a company.

Listen to the "No-people" sometimes, not just the "Yes-people".

There are newer employer reviews for Gallup