GameStop
www.GameStop.com Grapevine, TX 5000+ Employees

Working for Gamestop

Buyer (Current Employee)
Atlanta, GA (US)

I have been working at GameStop

ProsOffer flexible schedule. Opportunities to advance. Good benefits. Employee discount plan is really good. Interesting product to sell. Good co-workers.

ConsPoor communication from management at times. Lack of recognition for a job well done often. Pay not on par with similar jobs at other companies

Advice to Senior ManagementRemember to thank your employees when they are doing a good job. Increase pay levels for all employees. Loosen labor budget to lower stress levels of management team members.

The dismal truth about working at Gamestop....

Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee)
Dallas, TX (US)

I worked at GameStop

Pros: Discount on Games Freebies from Vendors Can be slow paced Can have tattoos… Cons: CONSTANT marketing Corporate cares more about the $$ than employees Inexperienced Managers Lack of Customer Service Pushing sales Not commissioned sales, but are required to push sales as if you… Advice to Senior Management: I worked for Gamestop for almost 2 years. Being a woman I was treated condescendingly by my manager. Even the smallest mistake I made he… More

Horrible, get away as fast as you can

Sales Associate (Former Employee)
Bakersfield, CA (US)

I worked at GameStop

Pros: The fact you got to try out games for a few days… Cons: The employee discount isn't worth it, the emphasis on sales from management makes it… Advice to Senior Management: Treat your employees as a resource, not as a source… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

There are newer reviews on GameStop.

Worked for GameStop? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at GameStop reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for GameStop CEO J. Paul Raines. All reviews posted anonymously by GameStop employees.