Garmin

www.garmin.com

Dissatisfied

Former Employee - Software Engineer  in  Olathe, KS (US)
Former Employee - Software Engineer in Olathe, KS (US)

Pros

- Good benefits (although this is changing in negative direction)

Cons

- Low pay
- High expectations
- Master/slave workplace
- Dishonest management
- Almost forced overtime
- Boring office location
- Uninteresting people
- Depressing offices
- Red tape
- No growth opportunities

It started like a dream job and management were saying the company appreciates the hard work. With time you realize all that is lies and empty promises. People are forced to work much overtime, being payed below the market average. At the end all are herded to a room where management says thank you and gives a con of free ice-cream. No matter how hard you work, there is one thing where you didn't give 110% and your boss will be covering entire time of your evaluating to justify the little raise you are about to receive. Very cheap company.

I wouldn't leave a feedback but after switching the job, I am getting good bonuses, work twice less, getting paid twice more, living in much funner place and working with interesting people. I just feel I have to let others know about working at Garmin.

Other reviews for Garmin

Worst mistake I've made

Pros

The pay is decent, not really that good unless you are in Engineering.
    Benefits are great

Cons

Management has no clue of what really goes on. Instead of fixing the issues they true on the blinders. Entire Network goes down numerous times and no one tries to fix the issue, they point fingers.

Get ride of the lazy employees and hire people that can actually do the job. Senior management needs to get off their butt and walk around the company and they can see how unhappy their employees are

Racist, dictatorial Aviation division

Current Employee - Embedded Test Software Engineer  in  Olathe, KS (US)
    Current Employee - Embedded Test Software Engineer in Olathe, KS (US)

Pros

1. Decent benefits, good 401k match
    2. In aviation division, work was good. Some of the software developers were really smart.

Cons

1. Worst culture for non-whites.
    2. No flex hours at all. Strictly 8:30 to 5:30 pm work schedule.
    3. The aviation division treated a fresher like me with out any respect and used draconian laws to teach me a lesson rather than giving me an opportunity to explain my so called "mistakes"
    4. HR is equally useless and believes in taking punitive/retaliatory measures against erring employees regardless of their circumstances.

1. Stop running this company like a 19th century manufacturing unit.
    2. Your employees are your strength and if you dont treat them right, you will get screwed. The company is already losing talent
    3. This is not Texas and racial bias towards south asian culture is useless in 21st century. Please address these concerns.

There are newer employer reviews for Garmin.

Worked for Garmin? Contribute to the Community!