There are newer employer reviews for Gartner

I truly love my job.

Current Employee - Manager in Stamford, CT (US)
Current Employee - Manager in Stamford, CT (US)

I have been working at Gartner full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Smart people, good pay/benefits, strong leadership. Quick promotion of talent.

Cons

Lack of structured career development. You must be somewhat of a self-starter to succeed.

Keep up the good work. You run a great company.

489 Other Employee Reviews for Gartner (View Most Recent)

Great vision, superb execution

Current Employee - Senior Account Executive in Stamford, CT (US)
    Current Employee - Senior Account Executive in Stamford, CT (US)

I have been working at Gartner full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

This company is run like a fine-tuned watch. From vision to process to measurement to tuning/revising strategy -- the management team is superb at identifying opportunities, sharpening its focus and deploying resources to capitalize on opportunities.

Cons

It can get a bit too "mechanical" and too process centric. It is not a major problem yet, but there is an element of art in the research, marketing and sales process -- not just pure process efficiency. The formula for success is superb process focus plus great talent. Process alone cannot make average performers successful.

The culture and collaboration of the senior management team permeates the entire organization. It is a VERY healthy culture -- collaborative, rewarding, immediate feedback, constructive. Remain accessible and proactive. It is harder to do as a $2B firm than a $1B firm but it is critical -- and motivating to the rank and file.

Wonderful

I worked at Gartner as an intern (less than an year)

Pros

I worked as an intern for Gartner and they have an excellent internship program. Most of the people I've met there were extremely nice, professional and helpful. Things are generally well organized, and your manager is around to get you up to speed.

Cons

Sometimes you have to actively find your own work to do once you've completed the tasks your manager requested. They are very busy and you sometimes it is hard to figure out where it is appropriate to jump in and help.

A good idea is to share your interns – they will appreciate being able to learn across different parts of the company

There are newer employer reviews for Gartner